Course Tutor - English & Learner Support
: Lancashire FA, County Ground, Thurston Rd, Leyland PR25 2LF
: 22 hours per week
: £18,277 - £24,157 per annum term time only (pro rata, subject to experience and qualifications)
: Access Creative College also offers competitive remuneration and other job benefits dependent on role such as: Enhanced holiday / annual leave Enhanced maternity / paternity / adoption pay Sabbatical leave Employee Assistance Programme Employee Recognition Awards Teacher training which is transferable throughout the FE Sector
Applications to reach us by 13th July 2022. Please note that interviews may take place prior to the closing date.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced English teacher to be responsible for the management, coordination and delivery of GCSE English to learners engaged in study programmes at our Lincoln centre. You will provide high-quality support to students with learning difficulties and disabilities within the Additional Learning Support Team. Team working and communications within an overall approach that values people will be of key importance.
- Effective teaching and assessment practices for GCSE English provision
- To be responsible for organising internal and external examination/assessment related administration including the moderation and verification of coursework and internal course assessment
- To provide and maintain learner and course data as required by the College's management information policies
- To liaise with other Course Leaders, the Curriculum and Quality Manager, Centre Manager and other ACC post holders as appropriate
- To monitor, evaluate and advise on the progress and achievement of Learners on the course
- To identify, plan and contribute to the implementation of support for 'at risk' Learners and extend opportunities for those who are more able
- Recruitment, and assessment of learners to provision including assessment of prior attainment, level and suitability for provision, including the provision of initial advice and guidance, participation in the marketing and promotion of courses, attendance at events, interviews/auditions and the identification of learner needs
- Provision of timely and appropriate feedback and assessment to learners and parents/guardians including advising of academic progress and attainment
- Be familiar with Safeguarding Children and Young People requirements as outlined in the Safeguarding Policy and comply with its requirements to safeguard and protect the welfare of children and vulnerable adults
- GCSE English grade 7 or above or recognised equivalent
- A degree in an English related subject
- Teaching qualification Cert/Ed or PGCE or equivalent
- Be able to demonstrate a profile of good or better lesson observations, where appropriate
- Experience of the delivery of GCSE and Functional Skills English provision
- Experience of managing student issues such as enrolment, complaints, disciplinary issues
- Good IT skills/experience of using a database to analyse student data
- Understanding and experience of course regulations and specifications
- Experience of producing reports using statistical data
- Knowledge and understanding of GCSE and functional skills English provision
- Ability to identify and support diverse learner needs
Access Creative College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Access Creative College is committed to promoting a culture of Diversity and Inclusivity for all our employees and potential employees. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. In recognition of our commitment, we would particularly encourage applications from groups who are currently under-represented, which are those from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities and People with Disabilities and Women.
Ref: 133 790