We are currently recruiting for a Credit Controller to join our new Central Services Finance team based in Retford. This role would suit a person who is very organised, confident, and passionate about accounting and looking to enter the world of finance. You will be a natural problem solver with a high level of attention to detail coupled with excellent communication skills both verbal and written. This role also requires you to have excellent telephony skills. As the business goes through an exciting growth period, there will be many opportunities to get involved in other exciting projects.Location
: Based near Retford Train Station, means there are great transports links should you wish to travel by train, car, or bus. We also have free car parking outside our office.Responsibilities:
- You will aim to maintain and reduce monthly aged debts for the group by collecting outstanding monies owed from clients and brokers, ensuring these are obtained within credit terms,
- You will manage your own in-house diary system and individual workload effectively, checking statuses and taking necessary actions,
- You will ensure statements and invoices are sent in a timely manner,
- You will be liaising with clients and brokers by telephone and emails, following up these up in view of resolving debts on ledgers,
- You will escalate any issues and queries in a timely manner to the Team Leader, making sure balances are paid,
- You will be liaising with internal Account Executives to discuss clients and the clearance of debts, as well as prioritising the insurers for paid debt,
- You will liaise with various departments such as the Treasury and Insurer Reconciliation Teams about brokers statuses and the payments and allocation duties,
- You will be confident and passionate about accounts and keen to learn/progress within this field of work,
- Previous experience in a credit control role with experience talking to customers
- You will have a positive ‘can do attitude’ and will be a natural problem solver, along with a high level of attention to detail,
- You will have excellent communication both verbal and written, coupled with excellent telephony and customer skills,
- You will be able to work to deadlines and under pressure, being able to work as a team as well as on your own initiative,
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees, we offer excellent rates of pay, fantastic benefits and excellent career opportunities.
PIB Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Ref: 102 796