Hours: Monday- Friday 08:30-16:30 & 09:30-17:30
Flexible working: We offer a range of flexible working solutions and are committed to providing a balance of remote working coupled with office-based interactions with colleagues. The first weeks with us will be in training and we will require you to be on site full time for this. After this period, we will do hybrid training with a mixture of F2F and virtual base support.
Salary and Benefits: We offer a base salary of up to £18,415, additional to this we offer marketing leading flexible benefits that allow you to choose the benefits that will make a positive impact for you.
Closing date: 24th November 2021
Royal London is the largest mutual life insurance, pensions, and investment company in the UK. Since its foundation 160 years ago, Royal London has supported millions of people to protect and provide for themselves and their families.
In October 2020 Police Mutual were acquired by Royal London Group and we have been through several changes on this exciting journey ensuring that we integrate into the wider RLG business but still maintain Police Mutual and Forces Mutual as independent businesses ensuring we continue to support Police and Military families.
Our collective culture is welcoming, friendly, flexible and we aim to make you always feel included. We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break or those who are transitioning from different sectors.
To support this, we are always open to discussing flexible working arrangements and as we transition to hybrid working, we will discuss working patterns or locations that ensure you have the freedom to be your best. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
We believe that being together some of the time will help our colleagues to feel truly connected to our Spirit of Royal London culture. Many of us value the passing conversations, social interactions and building relationships that comes from being together in the office.
As a Customer Service Consultant, you will deliver the Police Mutual Member Experience, acting as the first point of contact for our Members. You will ensure that the members needs are put at the heart of what we do and maximise every member interaction with both Inbound and Outbound calls, generating and retaining business for the Group by identifying opportunities to broaden the member awareness of other products throughout the group.
- Represent the group with a foundation knowledge of the complete product set, with specialist knowledge of their function, applying this when identifying and responding to members needs and utilising this knowledge to assist with cross selling products.
- Provide excellent service through handling of inbound and outbound calls dealing with quotes, new business enquiries, general information, policy services, policy amendments, surrenders and customer retention.
- Maximise every interaction with every member to ensure that members become an advocate for Police Mutual, whilst driving member loyalty to continue to broaden the member’s awareness of other products within the business.
- Ensure all activities are delivered in line with best practice, working within the Police Mutual governance frameworks and policies.
- Achieve KPIs set by managers through proactively identifying member needs and cross selling products to ensure our members are on the best products.
- Previous experience in a Customer Service role either face to face or telephone base.
- Ability to plan and prioritise your workload effectively to ensure consistent delivery to our members.
- Strong communication skills via phone, email, and written correspondence
- Ability to work in a changing environment ensuring you meet your managers expectations with the quantity and quality of your customer interactions.
- Proactive and can work on own initiative ensuring that the customer is always at the heart of every decision you make.
- Strong computer skills including use of excel and PowerPoint to a competent level.
What we offer
- We've always been proud to reward employees by offering a number of benefits such as Pensions and Protection, Performance and role-related benefits, Lifestyle and Wellbeing
- Our culture comes from within, or to put it another way, it comes from our people. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
- Our People Promise is something we live up to every day. We know we can rely on you, and you can expect plenty from us in return.
- Glassdoor have again ranked as among the best places to work in the UK
We are an equal opportunities employer. We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning team. We believe that embracing difference makes us stronger. Our diverse people bring us different skills – whatever their educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief.
In fact, the first pillar of our People Promise is designed to make sure you 'work somewhere inclusive'. We want to live up to this promise; it’s good for our people and good for our customers too, because our workforce should reflect our communities.