Hours: Monday- Friday 9am-5pm
Flexible working: We offer a range of flexible working solutions and are committed to providing a balance of remote working coupled with office-based interactions with colleagues. The first 4 weeks with us will be in training and we will require you to be in our Liverpool site full time. After this period, we will do hybrid training with a mixture of F2F and virtual base support.
Salary and Benefits: We offer a base salary of up to £19,500. Additional to this we offer marketing leading flexible benefits that allow you to choose the benefits that will make a positive impact for you.
Closing date: 24th November 2021
Royal London is the largest mutual life insurance, pensions, and investment company in the UK. Since its foundation 160 years ago, Royal London has supported millions of people to protect and provide for themselves and their families.
In October 2020 Police Mutual were acquired by Royal London Group and we have been through several changes on this exciting journey ensuring that we integrate into the wider RLG business but still maintain Police Mutual and Forces Mutual as independent businesses ensuring we continue to support Police and Military families.
Our collective culture is welcoming, friendly, flexible and we aim to make you always feel included. We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break or those who are transitioning from different sectors.
To support this we are always open to discussing flexible working arrangements and as we transition to hybrid working we will discuss working patterns or locations that ensure you have the freedom to be your best. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
We believe that being together some of the time will help our colleagues to feel truly connected to our Spirit of Royal London culture. Many of us value the passing conversations, social interactions and building relationships that comes from being together in the office.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Account Handler to join our General Insurance team, delivering excellent customer service to our Police Mutual members and Forces Mutual customers.
- Be responsible for acting as the first point of contact for our members through taking inbound calls and making outbound calls where necessary
- Maximise every customer interaction through generating and retaining business for the Group and supporting customers to ensure they are on the best policies.
- Deal with member correspondence by via post, email, telephone, and webchat.
- Make clear, fair communications having the customer at the heart of every decisions made, ensuring that relevant regulations are followed e.g. data protection, Treating Customers Fairly principles.
- Deliver excellent customer service to all our members ensuring a consistent high level of service through every communication.
- Previous experience of working within a telephone-based role, ideally within General Insurance or Financial Services.
- Experience of providing excellent service through face to face or telephone-based communications.
- Confident to make outbound calls speaking to members who have enquired about new policies and supporting them with all options available to them.
- Experience working in call-based team using multiple techniques to cross sell products that may be suitable for members.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Experience of providing general policy information and dealing with policy amendments, renewals and retention, quotations and sales.
What we offer
- We've always been proud to reward employees by offering a number of benefits such as Pensions and Protection, Performance and role-related benefits, Lifestyle and Wellbeing
- Our culture comes from within, or to put it another way, it comes from our people. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
- Our People Promise is something we live up to every day. We know we can rely on you, and you can expect plenty from us in return.
- Glassdoor have again ranked as among the best places to work in the UK
We are an equal opportunities employer. We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning team. We believe that embracing difference makes us stronger. Our diverse people bring us different skills – whatever their educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
In fact, the first pillar of our People Promise is designed to make sure you 'work somewhere inclusive'. We want to live up to this promise; it’s good for our people and good for our customers too, because our workforce should reflect our communities.