Royal London is the largest mutual life insurance, pensions and investment company in the UK. Since its foundation 160 years ago, Royal London has supported millions of people to protect and provide for themselves and their families.
Our culture is welcoming, friendly, flexible and we aim to make you always feel included. We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break or those who are transitioning from different sectors.
To support this, we are always open to discussing flexible working arrangements and as we transition to hybrid working we will discuss working patterns or locations that ensure you have the freedom to be your best. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
We believe that being together some of the time will help our colleagues to feel truly connected to our Spirit of Royal London culture. Many of us value the passing conversations, social interactions and building relationships that comes from being together in the office.
As a Customer Service Advisor, you will be accountable for the resolution of queries from our customers (Employers, Financial Advisors and Members), where you will take a mixture of inbound/outbound customer calls, ensuring that they receive the highest level of customer service and support.
- Taking inbound and outbound customer calls to support with resolution of key queries aligned to their case.
- Managing incoming customer enquiries via multiple mediums, predominantly via phone, email, and written correspondence.
- Proactively maintaining clients’ files and data to ensure accuracy of content and that all meet regulations standards.
- Review internal processes and help manage workflow taking the opportunity to suggest improvements and support the overall team goals and business strategy.
- Experience in a customer-facing role, with the ability to build relationships via face-to-face or telephone communication.
- Ability to build rapport quickly and manage customer expectations effectively.
- Excellent written, verbal and numeracy skills, with the ability to communicate in a confident and professional manner.
- Confident in using a range of Microsoft Office packages including Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience working within financial services industry previously and an understanding of the regulations associated.
What we offer
- We've always been proud to reward employees by offering a number of benefits such as Pensions and Protection, Performance and role-related benefits, Lifestyle and Wellbeing
- Our culture comes from within, or to put it another way, it comes from our people. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
- Our People Promise is something we live up to every day. We know we can rely on you, and you can expect plenty from us in return.
- Glassdoor ranked us among the best places to work in the UK in 2021
We are an equal opportunities employer. We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning team. We believe that embracing difference makes us stronger. Our diverse people bring us different skills – whatever their educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
In fact, the first pillar of our People Promise is designed to make sure you 'work somewhere inclusive'. We want to live up to this promise; it’s good for our people and good for our customers too, because our workforce should reflect our communities.