Creating a better world, a better company, and a more fulfilling future
The Calor Gas Sittingbourne site are looking to recruit an experienced Distribution Site Leader to lead, motivate and manage the day-to-day management of staff; drivers, admin located at this site.
The successful candidate will be required to execute delivery schedules for the distribution cylinder gas supplies ensuring optimal effectiveness for driver and vehicle utilisation, ensure driver compliance with statutory and HSE requirements, ensure compliance with all internal policies & procedures including cash, stock and cylinder reconciliation processes. To look for continuous improvement for all internal and external customers and promote a right first-time culture where safety is a priority.
Up to £34,000 per annum plus performance bonus, and a range of benefits including pension contributions, private medical insurance and 25 days annual leave (excl. bank holidays)
Key responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the Nominated Transport Manager (NTM) managing all necessary checks and controls to maintain a safe and reliable fleet (e.g., CPC, RTD/WTD, Tachograph records and maintenance plans).
- Safety is paramount in the operation. It is a key requirement that the Site Leader will be able to understand and implement all relevant legislation and standards, liaise with internal specialists in addition to the regulatory authorities. Maintain strict security of property and products. Being an emergency call out key holder and attending call outs when required.
- Be able to draw on a working knowledge of relevant legislation, safety and quality procedures and site operating instructions.
- Ensure the location under their Leadership is maintained in line with company policies and external regulatory authorities.
- Ensuring that the customer is fundamental to all decision-making. Ensure all employees are trained and equipped to deliver excellent customer service in all areas of the cylinder and bulk business.
- Plan and ensure the training and development of staff onsite. Carry out performance reviews in line with company procedure.
As such we would like you to:
- Proven people management / leadership skills
- Able to organise resources in line with customer needs, company service levels through KPIs
- Sound working knowledge of current transport regulations and directives.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience at management or supervisory level in a service led environment, financial experience preferred
- Knowledge of current employment legislation
- IT literate
- ADR certificate / Experience of Hazardous goods preferred
- Formal safety qualification preferred, (IOSHH, NEBOSH)
- Management CPC
- Demonstrate understanding of COP 7.
We look for people who are open minded, embrace new ways of working, step out of their comfort zone seek out new opportunities and look to continuously learn. Opportunities to progress, to develop and to be recognised for your achievements are part of our daily life, and we want to share that with you! Together with your commitment, drive and personal performance, we believe you can bring out the best in yourself at Calor.
If this sounds like you, please apply!
We look forward to hearing from you!