- Job Reference: 106052
- Date Posted: 12 January 2022
- Recruiter: Easy Web Recruitment
- Location: Bristol
- Salary: £38,000 to £42,000
- Sector: I.T. & Communications
- Job Type: Full Time Flex
- Work Hours: Full Time
Ecosurety are looking for an experienced data engineer to join our dynamic and growing data team. We are an industry leading company, based in the heart of Bristol’s vibrant city centre, with a mission to enable our clients to make sustainable product and packaging decisions. Our clients are many of the UK big brands and retailers. We are a Certified B Corp, committed to balancing profit with our social and environmental impact.
The purpose of the role is to enhance the delivery of our data services by developing vital internal data infrastructure. In particular, the role will take an active part in the development of our internal databases, specifically implementing a core database in Amazon Web Services or similar cloud-based platform. Training will be provided along with an external consultant for technical support. There will also be opportunities to support client data projects and develop automations to support the efficiency of the team.
Data Engineer Responsibilities:
• Develop fit-for-purpose data service solutions in AWS, or other cloud-based platforms, to meet our requirements
• Responsible for data modelling and the data migration process between services
• Identify options for potential solutions and assess them for both technical and business suitability
• Responsible for liaising with suppliers on technical system requirements
• Continually seek ways to improve efficiencies of handling data and advancing Ecosurety data services
• Escalation point for any troubleshooting for data system service issues
• Potential to also manage the day-to-day administration and development of data visualisation services
Data Engineer Requirements:
• Proven experience working with data and translating it into meaningful insights
• Effective communication skills; collaborative and able to challenge when needed
• Experience administering and creating advanced queries in relational databases.
• Experience programming in SQL.
• Strong IT skills across the Microsoft suite of packages (particularly Excel for data analysis)
• Experience implementing process and system efficiencies and automations
• Good team working skills and comfortable working with and presenting to external clients/partners
• Ability to work in ad-hoc teams as well as on own
• Proactive and fast learner, able to take on new (often technical) information quickly
Ecosurety is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all. We embrace flexibility and diversity in the workplace and aim to create a working environment in which all individuals can make best use of their skills free from discrimination, harassment or bullying.
Salary: £38-42k per year
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full time, 8 hours per day
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays and 1 day for birthday, 5 x salary life insurance, 7% employer pension contribution, paid sick leave, happy to talk flexible working
Closing date: 9am Monday 31 January
Start Date: asap
Ecosurety offers a working environment that enables our team to perform at their best, with flexible hours, remote working options, access to training and employee benefits. We focus on outputs, rather than work location or hours. If you are well organised, enjoy working with others and eager to make a meaningful contribution, please get in touch!
Please note, Ecosurety reserves the right to bring forward the closing date of any of its job vacancies if we receive a suitable number of high-quality applications from which to make a shortlist. Therefore, we recommend that you apply for one of our roles as soon as possible rather than wait until the published closing date.
You may have experience of the following: Data Engineer, Data Analyst, Lead Data Engineer, Data Architect, SQL, Data Analysis, SQL Analyst, Business Analyst, Senior Analyst, Reporting Analyst, Azure, Power BI, etc.
Ref: 106 052