Manpower are currently recruiting for a Data Scientist based in Harwell, Didcot.
37.5 hours per week
12-month contact (potential for extension)
Pay rate: £35 - £55 per hour depending on experience
Our Client inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. They provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Our Client enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us.
- Designing and implementing processes and solutions associated with complex, large-scale data sets used for data/text mining, analysis, modelling and predicting to enable informed business decisions.
- Gains insights into key business problems by applying statistical analysis techniques to examine structured and unstructured data from multiple disparate sources.
- Collaborates across departments and businesses to understand the business problem and define requirements.
- Uses advanced mathematical, statistical, querying and reporting methods to arrive at deep level understanding of the problem at hand.
- Develops information tools, algorithms, dashboards and queries to monitor and improve business performance.
- Creates solutions from initial concept to fully tested production and communicates results to a broad range of audiences.
- Effectively uses current and emerging technologies such as R, Python, C#, Java, SQL and NoSQL.
- Works on assignments with broadly defined objectives
- Solves straight-forward issues, challenges, and problems within field of specialisation
If you are interested in this role, please apply today!