Working as a Postal Delivery Driver in an ongoing contract, you will receive £11.14 per hour
Working hours in-between 10:30 - 18:30, Monday - Saturday. The role is working up to 38 hours a week with an opportunity to work overtime.
About the role
- Delivering mail and parcels to houses and businesses within a set area, you'll be the face of the business in your local community, working flexible hours to deliver outstanding levels of service expected by our customers.
- You'll start your day for an hour or so in the local delivery office, sorting the mail for your route, before taking out your van to complete your round. You'll each be given a hand-held computer device to capture customer signatures for deliveries and the round will take around four hours to complete. The hand-held computer will also act as your routing system putting your round in the most economical route, telling you which house to go to next.
- You'll also enjoy our excellent benefits package, including access to training and development tools, paid annual leave and staff discounts.
- Upbeat and self-motivated, you'll be as happy working alone as you will be working as part of a team and getting to know the different people on your round.
- You'll have a strong sense of community and the idea of doing a job that involves flexible working patterns will appeal to you.
- We deliver parcels and packets come rain or shine, so we're looking for people who like being outdoors whatever the weather, you'll also be someone who likes the idea of doing a job that will help you keep fit.
- Some experience in a customer facing role would be ideal and for roles with driving, a full driving licence with no more than six penalty points is essential.
We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all of our job applicants. We need candidates to be available immediately and be able to complete the paperwork online within 24 hours.