We have an exciting opportunity for a Demand Planner. We are looking for someone motivated and driven to join our team of Demand Planners who will ensure the analytical and sales data is effectively estimated on future product demands. Your duties will include planning inventory flow, analysing statistical data, and generating forecasting solutions on a daily basis.
Demand Planner Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing stock levels of products with varied seasonally driven sales
- Provide data analysis on a wide range of areas including products, suppliers, service level performance and availability
- Identifying excess stocks across the business in order to minimise levels of product wastage.
- Ensure maximum availability on all products in certain commodity groups
- Maintain the buying programs and product files
- Liaise with suppliers to provide forecasts for stock requirements, future promotions and seasonal activity
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure that optimum performance is achieved
- Work to stock holding targets at commodity group level
- Working closely with small suppliers to support them where needed to ensure that a high service level is achieved sustainably for both parties
Demand Planner Requirements:
- High level of numeracy and literacy
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Procurement experience would be desirable
- Ability to use logical and creative thinking to solve problems and make decisions
- Keen and enthusiastic approach to working both in a team and independently
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills
- Customer focussed and understands the importance of this to the business
- Positive attitude and flexibility in covering other roles in the department
- Extremely self-motivated and driven
- Shows a commitment to ongoing personal development and training, always striving to improve
- Demonstrates integrity, a strong work ethic and upholds the company values and principles
What's in it for you?
- Develop your Management/Sales skills and capability in a highly supportive and multi-diverse culture
- Outstanding Training & Development
- Gain hands-on experience in a high volume, fast paced company
- Excellent benefits package.
You will be joining a forward-thinking family-owned business which began life in 1917, growing from humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 7,500 people with a turnover in excess of £1billion. A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the 60th largest privately owned business in the UK. Food and drink have always been the lifeblood of A.F. Blakemore and the business now entails retail, wholesale distribution, food service, logistics, specialist foods and shop fitting divisions. A.F. Blakemore is committed to developing a loyal and dedicated workforce that is focused upon excellent customer service and behaving with integrity. We have always strived to build partnerships with suppliers and trade partners while never underestimating the role that it plays within the communities it serves.
Location: Willenhall, West Midlands or Remote
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time, 39 Hours Per Week
Salary: circa £22,726 per annum
Benefits: Staff Discount, Company Pension Scheme, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Additional Holidays, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Life Cover, Employee Volunteering opportunities.
Closing date for applications: 7th August 2021
You may have experience of the following: Demand Planning Manager, Supply Chain, Sales Forecasting, Demand Planning Analyst, Procurement, Supply Chain Planning, Buyer, Purchasing, Retail, Demand Planner, etc.