Dementia AdvisorContract Type
: Community BasedSalary:
£16,290 – £17,282 (pro-rata) depending on skills. After a successful probation, and based on individual performance, this salary could be increased to £18,180 after nine monthsWorking Hours
: 28 per weekClosing Date:
31 January 2022Interview Date
: To be confirmed (interviews will be conducted through Zoom or Teams)
Please note the deadline for submitting applications for this vacancy is midday on the closing date.
Alzheimer's Society is the UK's leading dementia charity. We provide information and support, improve care, fund research, and create lasting change for people affected by dementia.
Are you looking for a rewarding career where every day is different?
Do you have the passion and drive to make a positive difference in peoples lives who are affected by dementia?
Would you like to work within a supportive and compassionate team where we work openly, combining our strengths, helping us to achieve more together?
Yes? then please let us tell you more about the fantastic opportunity we have at Alzheimer’s Society!About you
We are hoping to welcome an approachable and knowledgeable Community Based Dementia Adviser to work across Coastal West Sussex. This is an amazing opportunity to have a rewarding career providing support and guidance to people with dementia and their carers. We strive to help people to maintain independence, improving their sense of well-being, and putting people in more control of their own lives. We promote a person-centred service so that our support is unique to each individual, based upon their own aspirations and needs.We are looking for
About the role
- Working experience of assessing people face to face with an ability to assess their needs.
- Previous working knowledge of making clinical contacts and networking with various services and providers to offer the widest range of opportunities to those we support.
- Deliver advice and guidance with a non-judgmental approach and outstanding communication skills.
- Strong organisational and time management skills to manage your caseload of clients effectively.
- Experience and knowledge of working alongside volunteers and have the understanding to champion the valuable contribution volunteers bring to services.
- Good IT skills and be able to travel independently across the West Sussex area.
- An understanding of dementia and the needs of those living with dementia and their carers would be an advantage but if you have had experience supporting with other challenges this would be taken into consideration.
Alzheimer’s Society’s Dementia Connect service provides high quality tailored information and support to anyone affected by dementia in the way they need it, when they need it:
- A specialist telephone based information and navigation service
- Community based services offering an increased level of support for more complex cases
- Self-management - our online community (Talking Point) and online service directory are always available 24/7
- Keeping in Touch Calls - a way of keeping in contact with service users as their journey with dementia progresses
This role is for a Community Based Dementia Adviser working across Coastal West Sussex. You will have the rewarding opportunity to provide support and guidance to people with dementia and their carers; helping to maintain their independence, improving their sense of well-being, and putting them in more control of their lives. The service is unique to each service user as it is based upon their personal circumstances and support needs.Key Responsibilities:
- To manage referrals, assisting clients in assessing their information and support needs.
- To maintain and manage a caseload of clients who have dementia or are affected by dementia from appropriate geographical locations. Information and support may be by phone, email, letter, or face to face, at the client’s home or other appropriate location.
- To provide information regarding services and benefits available and, where appropriate, assist clients in accessing them.
- When appropriate, to signpost clients to a choice of suitable other sources of help.
- To develop a proactive approach in reaching people with dementia and carers who may not otherwise access our services
- The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS.
Please take the time to go through the Job Application Guidance we have provided below so we are able to call you in for a interview!
Our employees work hard every day to make a true difference in people's lives. We are proud to support them with a range of benefits, recognition and many options for working agilely, all contributing to a strong work life balance. We also have various learning programmes to support you in your development and help you grow to realise your potential and shape a career with Alzheimer's Society.
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Dementia Adviser, Care Assistant, Dementia Advisor, Caseworker, Special Needs Assistant, Social Worker, Social Care, Community Care, Helpline Coordinator, Volunteering Officer, Support Worker, Mental Health, Dementia, NFP, Not for Profit, Charity, etc.
Ref: 106 109