Dementia Support Worker
: Community Based
(Pro rata) £20,363 - £21,603 actual per annum (depending on skills and experience)
: 21 and 28 per week
Closing Date: 07 February 2022
Interview Date: To be confirmed (interviews will be conducted through Zoom or Teams)
Our client has 5 incredible opportunities to join their team!
VAC2769 - 21 hours per week (perm) community based - Central Cambridgeshire
VAC2770 - 21 hours per week (perm) community based - Central Cambridgeshire
VAC2771 - 21 hours per week (perm) community based - Cambridgeshire & Peterborough
VAC2772 - 28 hours per week (fixed term 12 months) community based - Cambridgeshire & Peterborough
VAC2773 - 21 hours per week (fixed term 12 months) community based - Cambridgeshire
Are you passionate about making a positive difference in the lives of people affected by dementia?
Do you want a career where every day is different and full of reward?
Could you be a part of supporting and empowering people and their families with expert guidance and advice?
Yes? Well, our client would love to hear from you!
About the role
Our client provides a highly responsive and individualised information, signposting and referral service to people affected by dementia. You will;
- Assist people with dementia and their carers in identifying their needs, providing information and guidance to help maintain their independence, improving their sense of well-being, and putting them in more control of their lives.
- Be part of a highly motivated and supportive team, sharing responsibility of some admin tasks, including duty telephone coverage.
- Build relationships with a range of local contacts, networking with health and care professionals, and providing dementia support within GP practices to help people with a diagnosis get referred to the service as early as possible.
- Develop networks and pathways with partner organisations who work in the field of dementia, ensuring seamless and consistent support and empowering individuals affected by dementia to make informed choices.
- Provide support face-to-face, by telephone and online.
Our client is looking for a highly motivated individual, with an understanding of dementia and the needs of people affected by dementia. You will;
- Be empathetic and non-judgmental in your approach with a commitment to equal opportunity.
- Have good communication skills to meet the diverse needs of the community and represent their needs to statutory and other voluntary agencies.
- Have a sound knowledge of IT systems to record data, write reports and communicate by email.
- Understand client confidentiality and how this is applied when representing client needs.
- Preferably had some experience of working with a wide variety of relevant agencies.
- Possess NVQ level 3 (or equivalent) or have demonstrable experience.
- Have the ability and means able to travel independently.
- Employees work hard every day to make a true difference in people's lives. They are proud to support them with a range of benefits, recognition and many options for working agilely, all contributing to a strong work life balance. They also have various learning programmes to support you in your development and help you grow to realise your potential and shape a career with our client.
You can also visit their 'Working for Us' pages, which give you more information about what it’s like to be an employee at the company.
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Dementia Adviser, Care Assistant, Dementia Advisor, Caseworker, Special Needs Assistant, Social Worker, Social Care, Community Care, Helpline Coordinator, Volunteering Officer, Support Worker, Mental Health, Dementia, NFP, Not for Profit, Charity, etc.
Ref: 106 014