Deputy ManagerJoin before 30th September 2021 to receive a bonus of £1000
Care in Mind provide residential services for young people aged 16-25 years old. The young people we care for often require a high level of support and a different approach in order to support problems they may have with self-harming, behaviour and emotional difficulties. Our aim is to support the young people using a therapeutic approach to live in a non-secure community setting and to achieve their individual goals in preparation for transition to adult life.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Deputy Manager to join our friendly and professional team where you will support the Registered Manager with the management of the home and supervise the team to achieve the most effective outcomes for our young people. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Support Worker to develop their career or an existing Deputy manager who wishes to develop their skills further in mental health.
You will be based within our Residential Home based in Fulwood, Preston, working shifts over a 37.5 hour working week. The shift patterns are variable depending on the needs of the service with 2 days per week office based to support the management of the home. Care hour shifts consists of Earlie’s, Late’s and occasional sleep ins & nights when required with rota planning in advance, so flexibility is required.Company Benefits:
As a Deputy Manager you will:
- Competitive salary (Up to £28,770.62 + £1000 Welcome Bonus paid over 5 months)
- £100 bonus after completing 6-month probation
- 22 days holiday + 8 bank holidays (rising to 27 days holiday plus bank holidays with service)
- Enhanced company pension
- Enhanced sick pay
- Life Assurance (2x annual salary)
- Paid Induction
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Free on-site parking
- Paid Enhanced DBS check
- Access to our 24-hour Wellbeing Support Portal/ Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Cashplan with costs provided towards dental and optical care and a range of other healthcare treatments and benefits including discounted gym memberships
- Online shopping discounts, free eye tests and various other benefits
- Support to complete your Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management
- Refer a Friend Scheme (Up to £1000 per referral)
- Regular social events and recognition schemes (‘Employee of the year awards’, Summer & Christmas parties)
As a Deputy Manager you will have:
- Work as a team in our residential home to support 4/5 young people in our care.
- Help plan rotas for the staff team and conduct monthly supervisions.
- Support the team with their learning and development ensuring all the relevant training and inductions are completed.
- Assist the Residential Manager in managing safeguarding and health and safety matters.
- Work alongside and be supported by a multi-disciplinary team including Nurses, Psychologists and Psychiatrists to ensure we achieve the best possible outcomes for our young people.
- Full UK Driving Licence & access to a vehicle for work purposes
- Previous experience working with young people with mental health needs
- A minimum of 12 months supervisory experience
- An understanding of CQC and/or Ofsted requirements
- Hold a Level 3 in Health and Social care or equivalent
- Flexibility to work a 7-day rota, completing early and late shift patterns alongside occasional sleep ins for which an additional payment is made.
- A compassionate personality, remaining calm, resilient, and understanding of the issues & challenges our young people face.
If you are interested in joining an enthusiastic, motivated business who thrive in developing and rebuilding young people and young adults with complex difficulties then please apply today.Please note that we do not accept CV’s and the application must be completed in full.Care in Mind operates a safer recruitment process and as part of this process the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.We are an equal opportunities employer who values diversity and positively encourages applications of all ages from all sections of the community.We reserve the right to close the advert early, should we appoint a suitable candidate.Care in Mind is a CQC registered organisation and therefore all staff who work in or visit any of our residential homes will have to demonstrate evidence that they have received the COVID vaccination as a condition of employment.
Ref: 102 817