Deputy Manager, Young PeopleNeston, WirralUp to £29,487.72 (Depending on experience)
Care in Mind provide residential services for young people aged 16-25 years old. The young people we care for often require a high level of support to assist with difficulties they may have from self-harming, behaviour, and emotional difficulties. Our aim is to support the young people using a therapeutic approach to help them achieve their individual goals, in preparation for transition to adult life.
At Care in Mind our homes are always a hub of activity and energy where the young people can feel safe, and our staff enjoy coming to work. Your role will involve working alongside and being supported by a multi-disciplinary team including Nurses, Psychologists and Psychiatrists. You will support the Registered Manager, helping plan rotas for the staff, conducting monthly supervisions, and assisting the team with their learning and development ensuring all the relevant training and inductions are completed.
You will work with our young people to promote independence through support with education, household tasks and general life skills. You will also assist them with everyday life skills including shopping, building positive relationships, and going on holidays. We always encourage our young people and staff to bring their hobbies and knowledge into the home whether this be knitting, fitness, cooking or even singing so there is never a dull moment. Part of the role will be managing various levels of self-harm using a least restrictive approach, so you will require a high level of resilience and have a caring, compassionate nature. You will also update online care records and complete medication administration. In addition, you will be responsible for the general upkeep and tidiness of the home ensuring the young people live in homely environment.
You will work shifts over a 37.5 hour working week. The shift patterns are variable depending on the needs of the service with 2 days per week office based to support the management of the home. Care hour shifts consists of Earlie’s, Late’s and occasional sleep ins & nights when required with rota planning in advance, so flexibility is required.
The job is highly rewarding and excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Support Worker to develop their career or an existing Deputy manager who wishes to develop their skills further in mental health.Company Benefits
Essential requirements of a Deputy Manager
- 30 days holiday (Rising to 35 days with service including bank holidays)
- An additional day off each year for your birthday
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities (NVQ Level 3 in Adult Health & Social Care)
- Healthcare CashPlan with costs provided towards dental and optical care and a range of other healthcare treatments and benefits including discounted gym memberships, online shopping discounts, free eye tests and various other benefits
- Paid Training & Induction
- Enhanced company pension
- Life Assurance (2 x annual salary)
- Free parking available and good direct transport links
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Paid Enhanced DBS check
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme/24-hour Counselling Service
- Regular social events and recognition schemes (Employee of the year awards, Summer & Christmas parties)
Fancy the challenge? Apply with us today!Want to see what some of our young people and staff think? Please visit our website.Additional Information
- Full UK Driving Licence & access to a vehicle for work purposes
- Previous experience working with young people with mental health needs
- A minimum of 12 months supervisory experience
- An understanding of CQC and/or Ofsted requirements
- Hold a Level 3 in Health and Social care or equivalent
- Flexibility to work a 7-day rota, completing early and late shift patterns alongside occasional sleep ins for which an additional payment is made.
- A compassionate personality, remaining calm, resilient, and understanding of the issues & challenges our young people face.
- Please note that we do not accept CV’s and the application must be completed in full.
- Care in Mind operates a safer recruitment process and as part of this process the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- We are an equal opportunities employer who values diversity and positively encourages applications of all ages from all sections of the community.
- We reserve the right to close the advert early, should we appoint a suitable candidate.
Ref: 132 921