Royal London is the largest mutual life insurance, pensions and investment company in the UK. Since its foundation 160 years ago, Royal London has supported millions of people to protect and provide for themselves and their families.
Our culture is welcoming, friendly, flexible and we aim to make you always feel included. We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break or those who are transitioning from different sectors.
To support this, we are always open to discussing flexible working arrangements and as we transition to hybrid working we will discuss working patterns or locations that ensure you have the freedom to be your best. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
We believe that being together some of the time will help our colleagues to feel truly connected to our Spirit of Royal London culture. Many of us value the passing conversations, social interactions and building relationships that comes from being together in the office.
Royal London Asset Management (RLAM) was established in 1988 and is a wholly owned and central part of the Royal London Group. Since our inception we have built a reputation as an innovative, high performing fund manager. Our track record and exceptional client service have been recognised with a number of awards. We are proud of the people we employ, the performance we have delivered and the wide-ranging group of clients we manage.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to bring onboard a Derivatives Operations Analyst to join the RLAM business on a permanent contract in London.
You will report into the Head of Investment Operations and support the Front Office with all relevant pre & post trade activity specifically related to derivatives. You will also act as the derivatives subject matter expert across trade lifecycle, Regulation & reporting regimes.
- Support the trade lifecycle for derivatives ensuring timely matching, confirmation, clearing and settlement of cash flows.
- Oversee post trade activity which are delegated to outsourced providers, NAV Production, Collateral Management and Mark to Market reconciliation.
- Ensure the RLAM order management system is configured appropriately for Front Office trading.
- Support the front office with Cash forecasting processes.
- Literate with Excel e.g. Pivot Tables, Vlookups
- Previous experience working within Derivative Operations previously
- Knowledge of daily routines and processes followed by a Fund Manager
- A strong understanding of Derivatives and the regulations that govern them
- VBA skills to create macros
- Experience working in Asset Management
What we offer
- We've always been proud to reward employees by offering a number of benefits such as Pensions and Protection, Performance and role-related benefits, Lifestyle and Wellbeing
- Our culture comes from within, or to put it another way, it comes from our people. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
- Our People Promise is something we live up to every day. We know we can rely on you, and you can expect plenty from us in return.
- Glassdoor ranked us among the best places to work in the UK in 2021
We are an equal opportunities employer. We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning team. We believe that embracing difference makes us stronger. Our diverse people bring us different skills – whatever their educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
In fact, the first pillar of our People Promise is designed to make sure you 'work somewhere inclusive'. We want to live up to this promise; it’s good for our people and good for our customers too, because our workforce should reflect our communities.