We are delighted you are considering Ramboll to reignite your career. Have you read the Ramboll Return to Work programme landing page on our site? It provides all the return to work programme details you should know.
Read on for further details about this role, if you have exact experience or relevant and whether you have been out of the industry for 12 months or 12 years, we urge you to cross that line and submit your CV and covering letter. We Know You, We Are You, We can Help You.
Here at Inclusivity we have specialised in returner programmes for skilled people for over 6 years and our work is to help you transition back into a position and/or industry you have/once had a passion for. With this programme you will also be joining a cohort of other talented and experienced returners. Inclusivity and Ramboll work closely and in partnership to make this happen.
Good luck, and welcome back.
Ramboll have offices in London, Southampton, Birmingham, Bristol, Chester, Manchester, Edinburgh and Glasgow and more. They are open to flexible working over 3, 4 or 5 days across these offices as well as being open to working from home.
About the opportunity
We invite you to bring your creativity into play and become part of our team delivering structural engineering on some of the most exciting projects around. We are interested in hearing from you if you have a passion for design, sustainability and creative re-use of buildings. If you crave a challenging role but need flexibility and work life balance our new Design Structural Engineer position may be ideal for you. Are you our new Design Structural Engineer? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will involve:
Your key deliverables over the first 12 months will be:
- Developing design fundamentals
- Carrying out structural design, analysis and FEM modelling
- Site visits
- Communicating designs to team members & construction sites
- Taking an active role in technical groups and team meetings to support continuous improvement
The position will require some work experience with the following starting points:
- Own the design process for a work package (size suitable for level of experience)
- Join Ramboll’s ICE or IStructE training scheme and make demonstrable progress in achieving relevant attributes toward Chartership
- Take an active part in helping us meet our Bristol Structures’ goals and aspirations, which include Projects we are proud of, Sustainability, Digital Design, Team Culture, Learning and Knowledge and Work Winning
Submit your CV and covering note, be honest about your experience but also tell us what you need from Ramboll to make this amazing opportunity work for you. Remember
- Ability to design reinforced concrete, steel and/or timber
- Experience of/interest in digital and parametric design
- Experience of structural analysis tools (Autodesk Robot and Tekla Structures)
- Knowledge of assessment, retrofit and alteration of existing structures
- Highly skilled in technical report writing
- Ideally qualified to degree level, or equivalent
- Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include: a ‘can do’ attitude with a desire to learn and be challenged, a passion for sustainability and a willingness to take ownership of your own work and development.
Closing date 8th October and we interview on a rolling basis so don't wait to submit your application until then.
- they have offices across the UK
- are accepting flexible work requests across 3,4 or 5 days
- and you can work from home
- plus we work with Ramboll to offer you 1:1 coaching and on-going support.