We’re born and bred in Glasgow. Our business was founded on the Clyde back in 1864, and we’re still here today. We are proud to roast exceptional coffee for thousands of cafés and hospitality businesses across the UK & Ireland.
Our workforce has grown to over 200 to support our expanding customer base, product range and service offering. We count some of the industry’s leading talents among our staff, from green coffee buyers and roasting technicians, to barista trainers and field engineers.
Do you want to join our team of top talent in an exciting and industry-leading organisation? Read on!Position
: Divisional Sales ManagerLocation
: Field Based, EnglandJob Type:
Full time, PermanentSalary
: Up to £60,000 (depending on experience) plus annual bonusBenefits
: Annual bonus, company car, 28 days annual leave increasing with length of service plus 4 public holidays, medical cash-back programme, free on-site parking, staff discounts and more!The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to apply for the role of Divisional Sales Manager with Matthew Algie on a full-time, permanent basis. This is a field-based role covering all of England.
The role of the Divisional Sales Manager is to lead consistent sales growth and margin enhancement in line with budget expectations through recruiting, managing, and mobilising a team of Coffee Sales Managers by setting targets for sales, profit, and business goals in line with the company objectives and strategy. The Divisional Sales Manager will be seen by both external and internal customers as the focal point of all field sales management responsibility within the designated sales Division and will be totally responsible for all Coffee Sales Managers actions.Key Responsibilities:
- You will responsible for a team of 6 Coffee Sales Managers
- Set the direction of the team in line with company goals and recruit, manage, and develop a high-quality team of Coffee Sales Manager ensuring that the team are supported, equipped, and motivated to achieve sales targets
- Motivate and performance-manage the team to exceed targets and achieve continuous improvement in operating standards and results
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with relevant major customer contacts within the Sales Division as required and actively network efficiently and effectively to ensure that the Coffee Sales Managers are achieving the expected levels of customer service
- To be seen as the Matthew Algie senior field sales contact by our key customers and exert influence at all levels in order to maintain and develop the Matthew Algie business and drive year on year sales growth and budget achievement
- Direct (and personally support where appropriate) the prospecting and winning of new business by the Coffee Sales Managers in order to increase Matthew Algie market penetration and budgeted sales revenues
- Identify and monitor customer retention rates and set corrective action where appropriate
- Actively reduce the rate of account losses and customer ‘churn’ through pro-active identification of issues/threats/challenges and execute urgent and sustainable initiatives to reduce churn rates
To be considered for this opportunity, it is essential that you have significant relevant experience in a Sales Manager role or similar, preferably from within a Food or FMCG organisation. You will be an effective people manager with demonstrable success in leading a multi-site, field-based team to meet and exceed sales and business growth targets. The successful candidate must hold a full and valid UK Driving Licence.Skills / Knowledge:
- First class leadership and team building/management skills
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Ability to negotiate at a senior level
- Skilled networker
- Knowledge of Journey planning and territory management techniques
- Positive attitude and driven
- Highly confident, but respectful of others’ positions where appropriate
- Passionate with high energy
- Decisive and takes the initiative
- Motivated by success and totally committed
- Ambitious, but patient
- Performs well under pressure
- Totally committed to the team and its goals
- Honest and respectful
- Big picture perspective
If this sounds like you, then you could be the right fit for us! Please click APPLY, upload your CV and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
Thanks, from the Team @ Matthew Algie
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination or harassment, and in which all decisions are based on merit.
Our selection for recruitment does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation or gender reassignment status (protected characteristics).
You may also have experience in the following: Sales Manager, Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Account Management, Business Development Manager, Business Development, Account Management, Customer Relationship Management, Field Sales, Customer Service, etc.
Ref: 133 541