Are you a talented dog trainer or behaviourist looking to utilise your skills within the charity sector? This could be the role for you.
Canine Partners’ mission is to change the lives of disabled people using expertly trained dogs to improve physical, emotional and social wellbeing.
To help us create amazing partnerships, we need amazing people. Canine Partners has an exciting opportunity for an Aftercare Instructor to join our expert Aftercare team on a fixed term basis to cover a period of maternity leave for a minimum of 12 months.
This is an incredible role at a prominent assistance dog charity where your role will be a part of our essential work that transforms lives every day.
What you will do:
You will be out in the community supporting our clients (partners) that have been partnered with an assistance dog with on-going/refresher training, providing instruction, and conducting health & welfare reviews. You will play a vital role in supporting our partnerships to be long lasting, happy and healthy. You will also use your expertise to mentor our Aftercare Assistants.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong knowledge of dog training and behaviour
- Ability to communicate at all levels with a wide range of people
- Record keeping and report writing skills
- Basic ICT skills (MS Office, internet, email)
- Full UK driving licence and use of appropriate vehicle for work or ability to travel significant mileage in line with delivering the requirements of the role
- Understanding of human medical conditions as they relate to the canine partnership
- Experience of providing training.
Ideally, you will have experience of training dogs using positive reward based methods.
Most importantly you will be passionate about the transformative impact that our assistance dogs provide to our beneficiaries.
We can offer you:
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Employer matched pension scheme
- Charity Sick Pay
- Life assurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Wellbeing portal
- Discounts on goods and retail vouchers and cash back on purchases from eating out, entertainment, supermarkets, clothing and travel
- Dog friendly offices
This role can be based from our Midlands Training Centre (near Osgathorpe, Leicestershire) or home based to travel to surrounding counties including Shropshire, West Midlands, Staffordshire, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Northamptonshire, Warwickshire and Derbyshire. We will provide the use of a charity vehicle and fuel card, along with a laptop and phone for use in this role.
Please apply online with a CV together with a cover letter that demonstrates your suitability for the role.
Either 25, 26, 27 July via video call
Either 01, 02, 03 August, on site at our Midlands Training Centre (Osgathorpe, Leicestershire)
We are a disability confident committed employer and welcome diversity, promote equality and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Field Based, Midlands
Fixed Term, Maternity Cover
Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
£20,065 to £25,082 (Depending on experience)
Generous annual leave allowance, pension scheme, life assurance, access to an employee assistance programme, wellbeing portal and discounts on goods and retail vouchers and cash back on purchases from eating out, entertainment, supermarkets, clothing and travel.
17th July 2022
You may have experience of the following: Behaviourist, Dog Trainer, Puppy Trainer, Behavioural Consultant, Dog Behaviourist, Assistance Dog Trainer, Animal Trainer, etc.
Ref: 133 883