Electronics Design Engineer - Hardware
Bishops Cleeve, Cheltenham
Full Time | 6 month contract
£50 per hour | Inside IR35
About the role:
Our client, a leading provider of aircraft engines, systems and avionics are looking for an Electronics HW Engineer to join their team in Bishops Cleeve. You will be onsite, working in the CH3 Power Labs to cover activities that the client have committed to completing on the Innovate UK funded Scalable Modular Power and Propulsion (SMPP) project. These activities are still outstanding due to lack of appropriate and available engineering resources.
The activities are associated with the verification and qualification de-risking of the MPS prototype products we have developed under SMPP. This is required to meet scope agreed with Innovate UK and also to confirm the status and potential risks associated with the MPS Converter/CMPT prototype, which is being designed into a number of potential future opportunities, so is expected to transition to an NPI project in the near future. The SMPP project is funded within 2021 Op Plan as part of the R&D allocation within the overall Company Funded Development budget, this project also attracts grant funding from Innovate UK.
- Responsible for executing the verification and qualification de-risk activities outlined above. Project management and technical oversight will be provided by the existing project team.
- Determine the current build state of the 270V/28VDC converter module prototypes and carry out the necessary modification to bring all units up to the same build standard.
- Complete commissioning/ATP tests on the converter module prototypes.
- Plan and carry out verification testing on the converter modules.
- Plan and carry out qualification de-risk testing (mainly EMC, possibly some shock/vibration) on the fully assembled converter modules.
- Document all verification and qualification test results in line with the project plan. Carry out any root cause/corrective action work in the event of test failures.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Relevant Degree (e.g. Electronics/Electrical Engineering) from an accredited university or college or equivalent level of knowledge or experience.
- Demonstrable experience in the specification, design, testing and integration of high power ( 1kW) converters or solid state power switching hardware
- Full lifecycle domain expertise
- Experience in the design and testing of hardware for HV ( 200V) DC systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in the design and testing of hardware for aircraft power distribution systems.
- Demonstrable experience in the use of PWB CAD and circuit simulation tools.
- Design for aviation or other safety critical applications.
If you are interested in the role, please apply to the vacancy directly and we will be in touch to go through your suitability.