Embedded Software Engineer
6 month contract | Full time
£55 per hour (Inside IR35)
About the role:
Our client, a world-leading provider of avionics, aircraft engines and systems solutions are currently recruiting for a talented and enthusiastic Embedded Software Engineer to join the team at their Cheltenham-based site. You will be working on large-scale civil avionics test system projects with a combination of other systems and software engineers.
Key activities within the role:
- May include all aspects of V lifecycle, but most likely reviews / scrutiny and verification (high- and low-level).
- May include involvement in any aspect of the Software Engineering Lifecycle, but most likely to be verification (reviews / scrutinies, through to unit / module testing and integration testing).
- Programming languages mainly C (some assembler), Python desirable.
- Familiarity with DO-178B/C desirable.
- The role may involve close collaboration with other disciplines, in particular Systems Engineering, and may also involve liaising with GE Global Sites, depending on the ongoing allocation of work.
- The contract work may include writing artefacts in support of the software activities, reviewing other people's artefacts and generally supporting software engineers in progressing the project.
- The role may involve working both individually on activities assigned and as part of the wider software team in support of the common objectives, milestones and deadlines, including attending regular status meetings.
Key skills and experience required:
- Proficient in C and assembler.
- Significant experience of designing and implementing real-time embedded software.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound independent judgments, identification of problems, creation of solutions software verification.
- Experience of DO-178B/C levels A/B.
- Target hardware experience desirable but not essential.
- Good problem-solving & solution-building skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of CM tools (e.g. IBM RTC), knowledge of DOORS.
Interested? Apply directly to the vacancy and we will be in touch to discuss suitability. We look forward to reviewing your CV!