Employee Relations Specialist
London - 3 days a week in the office
Duration - Until end of March 2022 | Full time
£400 - £450 Umbrella per day (Inside IR35)
About the role:
This role is the first point of contact for the Unit HR teams in terms of advice, guidance and support in designing and delivering complex business change projects and programmes working with multiple stakeholders at all levels of the organisation as well as our trade union partners. Working across the Technology Units, the role is responsible for partnering with the business on employee relations matters, providing specialist change management, employee relations, employment law and trade union relations (IR) advice and guidance on complex change projects. The main purpose of the role is to ensure expert, timely advice, and guidance to the business to enable change to be implemented, providing the best possible colleague experience. Key deliverables of this role are supporting the implementation of the people strategy for the Unit(s) whilst maintaining the Group wide ER strategic objectives.
- Provide advice and guidance on the development, design and implementation of projects and programmes to support unit people strategies, whilst delivering of the Group wide ER agenda.
- Partner the business and be recognised as a specialist in delivering the employee engagement and ER/IR elements of change activities and programmes determined by the CFU/CU business strategy.
- Develop and maintain key stakeholder relationships both within the company and with recognised Trade Union Officials and employee forum representatives
- Ensure timely and accurate consultation information in line with legislation requirements
- Lead complex consultation activities with the recognised employee representatives (TU's & Employee Reps)
- Support HRBP's and senior business leaders in developing their own skills and experience in dealing with unions / employee representatives
- Regular engagement with stakeholders and functions such as Reward, Legal, and HR Services etc. to shape and support business impacting change programmes.
- By exception, be a point of escalation for employees or their representatives on complex cases.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills with experience of leading complex consultation activities and change programmes with trade union involvement
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, supporting the refinement of the case for change, drawing on data and analytical techniques where appropriate, and communicating this to business audiences
- Business acumen: Understand the business / unit strategy and the drivers of organisational performance that link to employee engagement and effectiveness.
- A high level of knowledge in the HR speciality of ER/IR and sound knowledge of relevant employment legislation
- Skilled communicator with the ability to adapt to the audience, coach stakeholders and provide clear and concise advice and guidance
- Skilled negotiator with the ability to build trusted relationships to whilst driving the business strategy
- Review of employee engagement material (working with change leads / employee communication teams as appropriate)
- Requires the ability to prioritise and organise competing demands
- Significant experience of ER and IR issues covering complex consultation and negotiation, working with trade unions/employee representatives
- Excellent knowledge of relevant UK employment laws and regulations
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience of leading consultation and negotiations with unions
- Experience of re-organisation/redundancy/TUPE
- CIPD or equivalent
- Experience of leading change projects in a matrix organisation, with multiple stakeholders
Interested? Apply to the vacancy directly and we will be in touch to discuss suitability.