We are delighted you are considering Ramboll to reignite your career. Have you read the Ramboll Return to Work programme landing page on our site? It provides all the return to work programme details you should know.
Read on for further details about this role, if you have exact experience or relevant and whether you have been out of the industry for 12 months or 12 years, we urge you to cross that line and submit your CV and covering letter. We Know You, We Are You, We can Help You.
Here at Inclusivity we have specialised in returner programmes for skilled people for over 6 years and our work is to help you transition back into a position and/or industry you have/once had a passion for. With this programme you will also be joining a cohort of other talented and experienced returners. Inclusivity and Ramboll work closely and in partnership to make this happen.
Ramboll have offices in London, Southampton, Birmingham, Chester, Bristol, Manchester, Edinburgh and Glasgow and more. They are open to flexible working over 3, 4 or 5 days across these offices as well as being open to working from home.
About this opportunity
You will lead and be involved in a number of exciting and innovative District Energy projects, focusing on energy master planning, heating and cooling and industrial decarbonisation. Our clients range from governments and local authorities to large private organisations, within the UK and internationally. You will be part of a dynamic and growing team, learning about technical design and other aspects of Engineering. Our UK team sits within the Ramboll’s Global Energy business.
Your key tasks and responsibility will be:
Your key deliverables may be:
- Supporting the Department in business development activities with a responsibility for supporting bid managers to write bids, developing key customer accounts.
- Supporting project managers in delivering district energy projects ranging from masterplans, through feasibility to design, including responsibility for reporting, producing calculations, developing specifications etc.
- Project manage projects, including managing client relationships, project budgets, team resources.
- Participate in a number of district energy projects and demonstrate a successful history of delivering quality and customer satisfaction
- Develop technical/engineering skills in relevant software packages and design tools, some will be common to industry and some are Ramboll specific
- Proactively engage with the wider team and become a reliable and trusted member of the team, support the development of junior team members
Additional Candidate Requirements:
- Proven experience in designing district energy project, ideally combined heat and power and district heating projects, including commissioning
- Appreciation of commercial and planning / policy context surrounding energy in the UK
- Appreciation of business models and financial modelling techniques for CHP/district heating projects
- Good mechanical, chemical, electrical, process or energy engineering related degree, ideally with a post graduate qualification in renewable energy systems, district heating or similar
- Chartered or working towards Chartered status within a recognised Professional Institution
- Experience in the use of packaged software tools such as EnergPro, Termis, Hysopt, AutoCAD, GIS
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
- A good technical understanding of a wide range of low carbon technologies associated with district heating projects as building effective building interfaces
- Experience in design of mechanical systems such as combined heat and power (CHP), boilers, pumping and ventilation systems
- Experience of underground pipework systems and other utilities
- Track record in effective management of project finances and delivering projects to budget and program
We look forward to receiving your application.
Submit your CV and covering note, be honest about your experience but also tell us what you need from Ramboll to make this amazing opportunity work for you. Remember:
- High energy and a passion for transitioning the energy industry to net zero
- Ability to work in collaboratively and multitask with large volumes of work
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ideally with experience in business development, project management and client management
- Ability to speak and write effectively in English
Closing date 8th October and we interview on a rolling basis so don't wait to submit your application until then.
- they have offices across the UK
- are accepting flexible work requests across 3,4 or 5 days
- and you can work from home
- plus we work with Ramboll to offer you 1:1 coaching and on-going support.