We are delighted you are considering Ramboll to reignite your career.
Read on for further details about this role, if you have exact experience or relevant and whether you have been out of the industry for 12 months or 12 years, we urge you to cross that line and submit your CV and covering letter. We Know You, We Are You, We can Help You.
Here at Inclusivity we have specialised in returner programmes for skilled people for over 6 years and our work is to help you transition back into a position and/or industry you have/once had a passion for. With this programme you will also be joining a cohort of other talented and experienced returners. Inclusivity and Ramboll work closely and in partnership to make this happen.
Ramboll have offices in London, Southampton, Birmingham, Chester, Bristol, Manchester, Edinburgh and Glasgow and more. They are open to flexible working over 3, 4 or 5 days across these offices as well as being open to working from home.
About this Opportunity
Ramboll is expanding its District Energy team to have a focus on Energy Strategy and Planning (ESP), working with clients to develop innovative sustainable whole system energy solutions for their clients to achieve net zero ambitions. Significant progress has been made in decarbonising the electricity Grid in the UK, however this progress has resulted in more unpredictability in supply. There has also been far less progress made on other high carbon industries such as heat, and transportation. Alternatives will often involve a decentralised approach involving low carbon systems to reach net zero.
Low carbon energy systems will be smarter, more flexible, and responsive, with storage widely used to optimise system capacity and efficiency. Greater ‘democratisation’ of the energy system with increase active participation of smaller embedded generators. Smart energy systems will be digitised, providing real time information for instant decisions, frequently using artificial intelligence to automate system balancing of generation and demand.
What you will be doing
As a Senior Engineer within the ESP team, you will be part of a dynamic and growing team, providing technical advisory and engineering design to government, local authorities and other public bodies, and major businesses and industrial organisations. The ESP service works across Ramboll business units, including Buildings, Transport and Environment and Health. You will also work with expert international colleagues, particularly in Denmark, where a localised planning led approach to low carbon has been established over decades.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
• Participate in projects involving developing energy strategies, masterplans, feasibility studies and concept designs
• Analyse client needs, produce reports including designs, calculations, specifications
• Attend client meetings and site visits
• Support projects in design and development phases
• Support business development activities including; writing bids, growing networks within Ramboll, maintaining existing client relations, and developing new business
• Participate in a number of energy systems projects
• Develop technical/engineering skills in relevant software packages and design tools
• Proactively engage with the wider team and become a ‘go to’ project team member
Prior to your career break it is likely you have some (don't need all!) of the following experience
• experience in developing and designing low carbon energy solutions (as RIBA Plan of Work), particularly at master planning, feasibility and concept stages
• Understanding of energy systems and whole system approach
• Experience of techno-economic modelling low carbon energy solutions
• Mechanical, process or energy engineering related degree
• Chartered, or working towards Chartered status, with a recognised professional institution
• Experience in use of relevant packaged software tools (this could be EnergyPro, Hysopt, Thermos, Termis, AutoCAD, GIS, or other)
• Understanding of building energy system interfaces, and particularly energy efficiency measures as they relate to the built environment
• Experience in design of mechanical systems including low temperature district/communal heating and large heat pumps
• Experience of underground pipework systems and other utilities
• Strong interest in sustainability and impacts of climate change
• Knowledge of low carbon energy strategy and policies at UK national and local levels
• Experience in the operation of low carbon energy systems
We look forward to receiving your application!
Submit your CV and covering note, be honest about your experience but also tell us what you need from Ramboll to make this amazing opportunity work for you. Remember:
Closing date 8th October and we interview on a rolling basis so don't wait to submit your application until then.
- they have offices across the UK
- are accepting flexible work requests across 3,4 or 5 days
- and you can work from home
- plus we work with Ramboll to offer you 1:1 coaching and on-going support.