We are looking for an enthusiastic engagement manager with a can-do attitude to join our team in Norwich. Is this you?Location:
Norwich, NR3 1JDJob Type
: Full-Time, PermanentHours
: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week annumReporting To
: National Engagement LeaderSalary
: £24,998 to £29,998 plus on target earnings (pro-rata non-contractual)
Applications to reach us by 13th December 2021. Please note that interviews may take place before the closing date.
Access Creative College is more than just a college; we are a hub for young creative entrepreneurs who are shaping the future of the creative industries.
We are about to celebrate our 30th year, serving more than 2000 learners across our seven UK-based Centres over Levels 1-5, Access Creative College has a well-established reputation for music courses. We’ve been part of Ed Sheeran, Rita Ora, and JP Cooper’s journey to stardom. For the past four years, we have been striving to provide that same well-respected education to a new generation of gamers, photographers, event and media lovers.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Engagement Manager to join our dynamic team at Access Creative College Norwich, working flexibly around the needs of the business to recruit and engage learners across our curriculum offer. The successful candidate will be welcomed into a stimulating and creative environment to generate sales leads and facilitate the recruitment of learners.
We are looking for someone who not only has great energy and enthusiasm but also encompasses great communication skills to convey to young people that they can study something creative and make a career out of it. We need a person with management experience who is full of ideas and has the confidence to implement them, as well as being able to work as part of a national team or independently with equal ease.
The successful candidate will raise the profile of the ACC Norwich campus within the community by raising brand awareness of ACC and its sister companies; promoting the credible and good reputation of the college; continuously improving and quality assuring information advice and guidance (IAG); and embedding the college into the heart of the community,
You will manage and deliver agreed student recruitment targets as defined in the campus business plan. You will research, develop, implement and manage all engagement opportunities and plan, implement, manage and review client‐focused activities for key stakeholders that are measured against a robust IAG quality assurance framework in the following areas:
- Open days, interviews, taster sessions, summer socials, workshops, influencer events, careers guidance and skills events, meet and greets, VIP campus visits, peer to peer events, skills events, weekend and summer schools
- CEIAG service level agreement partnerships with schools, youth groups, and arts organisations
- Plan, implement, manage and review local secondary school/sixth form recruitment events
- Plan, implement, manage and review the delivery of an ACC advocacy strategy with the recruitment of student ambassadors, alumni, and local creative industry patrons
- Plan, implement, manage and review all lead generation and tracking
- Plan, implement, manage and review the delivery of all keep warm activities
- Plan, implement, manage and review a local marketing strategy to include:
- A social media strategy and all associated content
- A business to business (B2B) eMarketing strategy and all associated content
- A business to customer (B2C) eMarketing strategy and all associated content
- An advocacy strategy and all associated content
- A press and public relations strategy and all associated content
The role will be governed through the national Marketing, Admissions, Recruitment Group but based at Access Creative College Norwich. A full driving licence and access to a vehicle would be a distinct advantage.
Main Community Contacts: Secondary schools, academies, 6th forms, colleges, alternative provision, community learning providers, NEET groups, community groups, youth groups, faith groups, referral agencies, music, arts hubs, bridge, and STEM organisations, creative industry bodies and organisations, expos and events, festivals, potential students, parents/carers, employers, freelancers, training provider networks, local enterprise partnerships, local education authorities, and career services.Responsibilities:
- Meeting challenging sales targets for student recruitment by inspiring young people to get into the creative industries
- Planning and implementing marketing, social media and promotional work
- Writing, developing and implementing digital content and marketing materials
- Conducting market research and analysis
- Researching and developing stakeholder engagement opportunities
- Planning and delivering and/or supporting client-focused activities to stakeholders and students
- Planning and delivering marketing events and activities
- Lead generation and tracking
- Keep warm activities
- Generating PR and social media content
- Have the ability to travel locally
- Have Literacy & Numeracy qualifications at Level 2 or above (GCSE or equivalent)
- Experience in managing and coordinating a small team and events
- Willing to work flexibly i.e. some evenings and weekends
Qualifications and experience
- Ability to organise, allocate tasks, identify training needs and continually improve the performance of a campus team to deliver outstanding IAG
- Ability to identify, manage, implement and promote a range of learning-based opportunities to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Ability to design, manage, implement a regional marketing strategy and all promotional activity
- Ability to communicate professionally with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of equality and diversity practice
- Ability to manage, monitor, deliver and control a range of digital content, resources, and promotional materials
- Ability to identify staff training needs and implement accordingly
- A management qualification at level 3 or above is desirable
- An advice and guidance qualification at level 3 or above is desirable
- Literacy & Numeracy at Level 2 or above
- Experience in leading a team to meet and over-deliver challenging recruitment targets
- Experience in developing working relationships through B2B strategies
- Experience in conducting market research and analysis
- Experience of leading marketing campaigns including development and implementation of digital content, copy and marketing materials for e-marketing, social media and street campaigns
- Experience and understanding of equality and diversity strategies and practice in marketing and promoting business/learning opportunities.
You may have experience of the following: Engagement Coordinator, Stakeholder Management, Sales, Lead Generation, Stakeholder Engagement, Engagement Officer, Student Engagement Officer etc.
Access Creative College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Access Creative College is committed to promoting a culture of Diversity and Inclusivity for all our employees and potential employees. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. In recognition of our commitment, we would particularly encourage applications from groups who are currently under-represented, which are those from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities, People with Disabilities, and Women.