: Lecturer £20.28 per hourHours
: 10 per week (Weds and Thursday)Commencing
: ImmediatelyWho are we?
Access Creative College is more than just a college; we are a hub for young creative entrepreneurs who are shaping the future of the creative industries.
Now in our 30th academic year and serving more than 2000 learners across our seven UK-based Centres over Levels 1-5, Access Creative College has a well-established reputation for music courses. We’ve been part of Ed Sheeran, Rita Ora and JP Cooper’s journey to stardom. For the past four years, we have been striving to provide that same well-respected education to a new generation of gamers, photographers, event managers and media lovers.
Our prime focus is to nurture talent, desire, and determination. We’re looking for people who are passionate enough to want to share their knowledge and experience with active and hungry young minds.What is the role?
Working with the centre team and Curriculum Manager, you will take responsibility for the development and delivery of our provision, from coordinating resources and managing student activities to developing industry links and course marketing, working at the core of the student experience. You will work with experienced, passionate tutors as well as within a support service provided by our Central Team. Experience of lighting in a creative setting (theatre, festivals, etc)Who are we looking for?Skills
What can we do for you?
- Experience of rigging lights
- Experience of using lighting desks
- Lighting design experience (desirable)
- Experience in theatre/events environments (highly desirable)
- Use of lighting design software and AV software, cameras, etc.
- Industry experience or a degree in a relevant subject
- Teaching experience
- Experience of working in the music or theatre industry
- Current and relevant industry/sector knowledge
- Experience with practices used in the industry
- An understanding of associated H&S requirements
- We can offer you financial and social support to complete a teacher training course that is transferable throughout the Further Education sector
- We can build your career through our progression channels, whether growing as a teacher and becoming a leader or moving into one of our industry-focused departments, e.g. Partnerships, Employability or Enrichment.
- We can give you the flexibility to continue with your passion outside of work if you wish to do so.
- With Access Creative College you’ll be working daily with other extremely talented tutors providing you with opportunities to collaborate and make new connections.
- Access to an employee assistance programme.
If you are passionate about creativity, with experience in lighting, and would relish the opportunity to develop and lead a unique and engaging curriculum, then we are keen to meet you.Applications to reach us by 31st January 2022
If you are interested in working for us, but this opportunity isn’t quite right for you, please register your details on our jobs board, and we will let you know when a more suitable opportunity arises.
Access Creative College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Ref: 106 074