We are recruiting Steel Welders/ Fabricators
Within the role, you will perform the duties of fabricator/welder carrying out out the manufacture and refurbishment to plant, assemblies and equipment within the clients works production areas ensuring each item specification is met.
Your duties and responsibilities within the role will include but no be limited to:
- To work in a totally flexible manner to support and participate in all team activities aimed at achieving manufacturing and product quality targets.
- To ensure all activities comply with safety requirements and bring any quality and safety issues to the Leading Hand if it is not possible to take immediate corrective action.
- To undertake any activities as instructed by the Leading Hand or other members of the Management Team provided it is safe to do so.
- Fork lift truck driving, slinging/rigging and operation of overhead cranes.
- To feedback all information relating to work undertaken to Leading Hand.
- Have daily interaction with Team Members on the same team, working together to achieve targets and goals.
- To continually update the Service Engineer/Leading Hand and fully engage with any team input required to help with the repair of plant and equipment to the required QA standards.
- To work to a high quality standard and to perform under pressure as and when required.
- To repair immediately, or as soon as practical, all defects found either personally, with the assistance of other team members or Service Engineer/Leading Hand.
- To help coach others, including shift teams and contractor personnel, in order to in still high standards and develop engineering skills in others for overall business benefit.
- Must have experience of working within a safe system of work
- Any safety accredited course would be advantageous (E.G. IOSH or NEBOSH).
- NVQ level 3 qualification in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Write risk assessments and safe working procedures before carrying out tasks.
- Quality Assurance system knowledge and worked within a credited ISO 9001 company.
- Be capable of performing the duties of a multi-disciplined fabricator/welder.
- Be able to undertake the processes of cutting, forming and shaping fabrications and associated repairs.
- Experience of working with both ferrous & non-ferrous materials. In a range of thicknesses from less than 3mm to greater than 100mm.
- To have the knowledge and capability of operating typical heavy fabrication and plating equipment such as Pyramid Rolls,
Interested? Please apply or call the branch and speak to Carla