The facilities supervisor (FS) supports the Facilities Manager (FM) in all aspects of the departments function and will include day to day: Contractor engagement and management, management of cost center purchase orders, receipts and reconciliations for the Facilities Department as well as managing works requests etc. The role has a budgetary sign off and the successful candidate will deputize for the Facilities Manager during any period of absence. Duties include some out of hours / weekend contractor support and may require occasional travel for training / professional development purposes.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- To act as the day-to-day point of contact for specialist service providers and site users to review, develop and enact service level agreements
- Purchase Order raising and sign off on the Facilities cost center to an agreed limit per transaction / commitment to spend (subject to SCR financial controls)
- Maintain tracking of all PO's and commitments to spend made under the Facilities cost center
- To maintain safe working practices and environments at all times for personnel, contractors and visitors
- To act a permit to work signatory, training to be provided and subject to limits of authorization
- Assist in the definition of user requirement specifications (URS) for all contacts and liaise with the FM to develop detailed written SOW's for those contracts where annual spend exceeds £50k
- Maintain a database of contracts to prompt renewal or re-tender. Where appropriate obtain negotiate rates / costs of contract, obtain quotes and raise appropriate purchase orders
- To identify and coordinate standard pre-qualification checks on potential service providers and working with finance and procurement to arrange for financial background checks to be made on prospects for inclusion in a tender process.
- To review and action facilities work orders (MOP's) and be proactive in obtaining quotes, raising orders and delivering solutions to site.
Qualifications and competencies:
- 2+ years' experience in a relevant Facilities role
- Having or working toward a professionally recognized facilities management qualification (IWFM or equivalent).
- Demonstrable experience of the procurement process
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of programs, primarily Word, Excel and PowerPoint. An understanding of Project is also useful.
- Demonstrable judgement & decision making - Taking account of the relative costs and benefits (Financial, legal and reputational) of potential actions to choose the most appropriate course of action.
- Organizing, planning and prioritizing work - should develop goals and plans to priorities, organize and accomplish assigned work and challenge prioritization and workload as appropriate
- Monitoring - Monitor / assess self, other individuals and / or organizations performance to identify opportunities for improvement and / or to take corrective action in the event of under-performance.