Finance Business Partner
As a Finance Business Partner you will have a hybrid working pattern between our Magna Park site and working remotely, subject to business needs. Your role will closely support the finance and operation’s team with its reporting requirements, analysis of data/costs, internal and external client submissions, and will closely support both the Logistics Manager and Account Manager for one of our forward logistics clients.
You will enable the site’s finance team to respond proactively and appropriately to the fast changing operational environment on site and play an integral part in providing information to aid decision making both internally and externallyFinance Business Partner Responsibilities:Monthly and Weekly Reporting Requirements
Interpretations of data and performance
- Preparation and review of all weekly KPI/CPU reporting and variance reports before submission.
- Produce Monthly reporting packs for both internal and external stakeholders
- Preparation and review of external client reporting before submission.
- Preparation of monthly invoicing for clients.
- Central Finance submissions (including net asset analysis, monthly flash & cash flow forecasts).
- Review (and reporting of) Magna Park site costs, supporting the onsite GM as required
- Support the site’s forecast/budget process.
- Be responsible for the month-end closure (P&L and balance sheet)
- Support the project costing validation and approval process.
- Own both internal and external budgeting models / processes
- Present financial data at client meetings and be the first point of contact for any client interaction (finance related)
- Initiate, monitor and maintain client savings trackers
- Lead client finance audits
- To provide guidance on ways of maximising profitability by developing a better understanding of the operation, identifying and highlighting commercial opportunities
- Ensure that operational metrics are linked to financial performance, challenging all stakeholders when issues arise.
- Development of reporting solution
- To own and develop all internal reporting of the contract, ensuring that the wider business can fully understand the financial performance and variances to forecasts
- Ensuring that all reporting is efficient and succinct along with meeting the needs of all stakeholders (internal and external)
- Ensure that all financial reporting can be linked to operational performance
Finance Business Partner Requirements:
- Year-end responsibilities (Including Tax Packs and external audit packs)
- Actively Participate in The Unipart Way training and development programme.
- Validate Overdrive and OCC savings
- Qualified accountant
- Experience of working in a commercial finance role (highly desirable)
- Experience of working in a client facing role or dealing with external clients (highly desirable)
- Willingness and strength of character to challenge the operations team
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to establish and maintain relationships with various stakeholders highly desirable)
- Be able to communicate financial data to non-financial functions both internally and externally
- Have an analytical mind-set with excellent attention to detail
- Be able to make good commercial decisions based on sound financial workings
- Strong Excel skills are essential, and a good understanding of systems (SAP preferably)
- Strong team player but be able to work independently on own initiative
- Self-motivated and be able to demonstrate a “get up and go” attitude
- Positive and proactive “can do” attitude
- Be a strong character to ensure internal profit maximisation
- Quick learner & Flexible – ability to cope with new or exceptional situations
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and in a fast paced continually changing environment
- Flexible and willing to do any tasks to ensure objectives are met
You may remember Unipart as the company who in the 1970s revolutionised the automotive parts industry. Unipart is a different company today with clients such as Vodafone, BSkyB, Jaguar Land Rover and, the NHS. The Unipart Group is an independent manufacturing, logistics and consultancy company who employs nearly 10,000 employees worldwide and has an annual turnover of more than £1 billion.Location:
Magna Park - Lutterworth, Leicestershire / home – blended working approachContract Type
£40,000 to £50,000 per annum plus car / car allowanceBenefits:
25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), pension, life assurance, employee assistance programme, and flexible benefits scheme.
You may have experience of the following: Finance Business Partner, CIMA, ACCA, ACA, Financial Controller, Finance Manager, Business Partner, Assistant Accountant, AAT, Management Accounts, CFO, etc.
Ref: 132 544