Role Title: Finance Manager - Credit Impairment Analytics
Location: London (Remote)
Duration: 6 Months
- To join the global CIA team which forms part of the HSBC Financial Operations function. The CIA has team members in Gurgaon, Hong Kong, Birmingham, and London and plays a critical role in the on-going delivery of IFRS and FINREP credit disclosures. Key objectives include:
- The team aims to become a centre of excellence for credit knowledge within the HSBC Finance community.
- Provide assurance over Group external disclosures and accompanying narrative to both Finance and Risk
- Dry run of new IFRS and FINREP disclosures.
- Review the credit disclosures to ensure best practice and compliance with regulatory standards (e.g., IFRS).
- Production of analytics which assist the review of IFRS 9 impairment results at a Group level and the associated external disclosures.
- Production of peer analysis papers which contrast and compare the Group's external disclosure and ECL trends versus its peers.
- Liaison with the Group's auditors.
- Maintain a robust and compliant control environment.
- Provide ad-hoc assistance to credit risk, financial reporting, regulatory reporting, stress-testing and other HSBC UK stakeholders as required.
- Impact on Business
- Produce insightful and intelligent analytical reviews to provide assurance and meet the various stakeholder's needs.
- Actively participate in the design, testing and execution of external reporting relating to expected credit losses and the related disclosures
- Assist and potentially lead on any impairment related interactions with Investor Relations, Risk, Group External Reporting, and other teams as required.
- Customers / Stakeholders
- Group CAO
- Retail and Wholesale CRO's
- Global Process Owner, Financial Reporting
- Wider external reporting functions and operational accounting teams (at both a country and regional level)
- IFRS 9 Global Impairment Process Owners (Retail, Wholesale and Finance).
- Investor relations
- Other teams as required
- Leadership & Teamwork
- Embed a culture of teamwork within the team and with other teams across the IFRS 9 process and wider organisation.
- Commitment to achieving team objectives.
- Impacts of work performed on other team members communicated in a timely fashion.
- Offers assistance to other team members where appropriate.
- Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements ('SOX')
- Pro-active approach to process improvement with a technological rather than manual solution sought first.
- To continually reassess the operational risks inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- To implement the Group Compliance Policy by containing compliance risk in conjunction with the relevant compliance department. The term 'compliance' embraces all relevant laws, rules, and codes with which the business has to comply.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Financial reporting and external disclosure design and delivery experience for a large financial institutions and comprehensive experience of preparing or auditing published financial statements is essential.
- Solid knowledge of IFRS and FINREP. Awareness of IFRS 9 and other relevant regulatory and best practice reporting issues.
- Recognised professional accountancy qualification.
- Experience of preparing concise technical/formal papers which are delivered to a senior management level.
- Experience of working within a Global team and with GFOC.
- Hyperion/Saracen experience is essential.
- Experience of dealing with multiple senior stakeholders and ensuring resolution of any issues which may arise.
- Awareness of IFRS 9 and other relevant regulatory and best practice reporting issues.
- Ability to design, document and communicate analytical procedures to provide assurance over external financial statements.
- Knowledge of risk modelling concepts would be an advantage.
- Be a self-starter/motivated - ability to work with minimum supervision with attention to detail. Role holder should be able to identify and implement solutions without undue line manager involvement.
- Ability to field, analyse and solve unstructured problems/queries and to challenge existing procedures.
- Ability and experience of communicating complex financial issues confidently to senior management above their line manager.
- Be able to work to strict deadlines, under pressure and be a team player.