This is a great opportunity to work with Waters Accounts Team in Dublin on an 18 month FTC covering maternity leave.
Waters Corporation is a technology company delivering scientific insights to improve human health and well-being. In partnership with our customers, we ensure the efficacy of the medicines you take, the safety of the food you eat and the water you drink, and the quality of the everyday products you use. Together, we unlock the potential of science to leave this world better than we found it.
As Financial Accountant you will take responsibility for selected accounting and month-end close activities for a group of entities within the newly formed accounting team for Northern Europe Global Markets, this is an exciting opportunity to work across 8 countries.
Ensure appropriate US GAAP & Statutory Accounting for selected entities within the region:
- Section II Reporting
- Tax Packages
- Corporation & Deferred Tax
- VAT Review & Reporting
- Income Tax & National Insurance
- Pension Accounting
- Dividends & Investments
Management of Internal and External Audits for selected entities within the region
- Internal and External Audit requirements
- Management of Government aspect queries and audits for all areas including but not limited to payroll, CT, VAT
Perform daily and monthly activities within defined timeline, such as:
- Deferred Revenue Accounting, Management & Reconciliations
- Lease (Sales) Accounting, Management & Reconciliations
- SIS/GL Review & Reconciliations
- Fixed Asset Accounting
- Capital Expenditure Management (Assets & Demo)
- Internal Controls
- Payroll Accounting, Reconciliation & Reporting
- Prepare monthly reconciliations in Blackline for assigned G/L accounts
- Financial statement preparations
- Statutory account mapping
In return, in addition to a competitive salary you will work flexibly, and we provide 25 days holidays, excellent family friendly benefits such as attractive employer pension contribution, life assurance, income protection and private medical. We hold lots of social activities to encourage team building and inclusion within all teams in Waters.
There are plenty of opportunities for you to grow, develop and contribute. This role may be the steppingstone to a permanent career within Waters, as 25% of all vacancies are filled internally.
To be successful:
- Qualified Accountant
- Experience with Multi-Currency, Country, Legal Entities
- Work independently as part of a remote team
- Collaboration skills
- Proactive and self-driven
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve issues
- Flexibility to work on multiple accounting topics
- Fluent English is essential, both written and oral
Successful candidate must hold a current passport and be prepared to travel abroad approximately once per quarter to our European offices.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. It is our responsibility to actively implement programs and practices to drive inclusive behaviour and increase diversity across the organization. We are united by diversity and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community.