: Middleton Leisure Centre, Ring Rd, Middleton, Leeds LS10 4AX
: 37.5 hours per week
: £19,793 - £24,157 (depending on qualifications and experience)
: Access Creative College also offers competitive remuneration and other job benefits dependent on role such as: Enhanced holiday / annual leave Enhanced maternity / paternity / adoption pay Sabbatical leave Employee Assistance Programme Employee Recognition Awards Teacher training which is transferable throughout the FE Sector
Applications to reach us by 13th July 2022. Please note that interviews may take place prior to the closing date.
Access Sport is a leading Sports training provider with 20 years experience with almost 1000 student athletes. We are part of the biggest 16-18 national training provider in England (Access Creative College) and were graded Good by OFSTED this year (March 2022). As well as offering pathways for our Sports students in Sports Science, Sports Coaching, Public Services and Sports Media, we also aim to give our students the best opportunity to perform at the highest level.
As part of this objective, we provide our players' teams with links to professional clubs (Rochdale AFC/ Huddersfield Town/ Stoke City) as well as Semi- Professional clubs at various levels. We are seeking to appoint a coach to work at our Leeds site. This coach will have 37.5 hours per week to plan and coach players, provide analysis sessions. Coaches are also expected to lead/ coordinate a competitive game schedule, with weekly fixtures in various college league formats (AOC/ EFL/ National Youth Alliance.
In return coaches will receive regular CPD via experienced UEFA A license and professional academy coaches, access to the best industry related technology (VEO/ Sports session planner/ Catapult GPS vests) and an opportunity to work alongside and against professional clubs to build/ enhance your Footballing CV. Access Sport will help you to develop personally and professionally, we provide competitive salaries and expenses for travel. Our management and quality team has strong links within the game to help all coaches to progress to the professional academy/ senior level, should this be your desired pathway. There are also opportunities to progress into management and teaching roles, with full training provided.
Coach Job Description:
- To plan and follow a clear and transparent Football curriculum which meets the needs of the players at the centre (underpinned by the philosophy of the centre/ club)
- To follow a scheme of work/ periodisation plan
- To use sports sessions planner to plan sessions and share with players
- To fully explain and track all the players ILP’s as part of their development (ILP template to be available in G Suite)
- To attend and engage in all CPD activities which improve the standard of Football provision at your centre
- To aim to provide all players with at least one competitive game per week
- To arrange at least one “recruitment session” per month to work towards targets for player/ student recruitment
- To work with the staff at your centre and site manager to promote and enforce a “Code of Conduct” for all players/ students (example in G Suite)
- To work with the Site manager and Quality team to develop a timetable which meets the football and educational needs of all learners
- To provide termly reports on each player which include SMART Targets, using IDP and referencing VEO footage, Catapult/ fitness testing data
- To manage Football admin (fixtures/ transport/ facilities/ resources)
- To ensure at least one game per week is recorded using VEO
- To plan and lead at least one analysis session per week for Footballers at your site
Only applicants through our Hireful portal will be accepted. To apply for the role please log onto the Hireful link.
Please note: If you require any assistance with the completion of your application please contact our People Services Team.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only applicants being actively considered for this job opening will be contacted for further discussions. We encourage you to visit our website for new job openings.
To apply please have an up to date version of your CV ready and fill in our online application form.
Access Creative College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Access Creative College is committed to promoting a culture of Diversity and Inclusivity for all our employees and potential employees. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. In recognition of our commitment, we would particularly encourage applications from groups who are currently under-represented, which are those from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities and People with Disabilities and Women.
Ref: 133 795