Functional Skills Tutor - English GCSE
- Job Reference: 102270
- Date Posted: 26 August 2021
- Recruiter: Easyweb
- Location: Wakefield
- Salary: £17,197
- Sector: Education
- Job Type: Part Time Flex
- Work Hours: Part Time
The Opportunity Centre, part of the Aspire-igen Group is a large and successful social enterprise which helps to change the lives and prospects of young people and adults for the better through learning and work.
An exciting teaching opportunity has arisen for an experience, knowledgeable and passionate teacher to teach GCSE/Functional skills English. As an English tutor you will have a full-time cohort of learners split into groups. You will be responsible for delivering both GCSE and Functional skills lessons, bringing learning to life in a way that excites and inspires our learners. You will work closely with a learner support officer to support learners through their journey from recruitment to achievement, taking full responsibility for the achievement of your learners.
Functional Skills Tutor Responsibilities:
• Plan and deliver knowledgeable and exciting lessons
• Track the progress learners make from their starting point and in every lesson
• Mark and provide feedback to learners within a week of submission
• Support learners to achieve and realise their aspirational goals
Functional Skills Tutor Requirements:
• You must have a proven credible track record of working in an English teaching setting for a minimum period of 3 years and experience of delivering outstanding lessons and achieving excellent outcomes for learners.
• You must have a recognised teaching qualification with an English qualification minimum grade 5 or equivalent.
• At least 3 years occupational competence following qualification in teaching English
• Familiar with Awarding Body framework requirements
• Skills for Life or Functional skills qualification in ICT, D32 and D33, A1 award or Level 3 Certificate in assessing vocational achievement
• Awareness of blended learning
As part of the interview process you will be required to providing a lesson plan and teaching materials/ resources to the interview panel on A02 language and structure component
The Opportunity Centre, part of the aspire-igen group, is committed to helping individuals, organisations and communities succeed through learning and work. We have a strong track record of successfully delivering government funded initiatives and contracts including ESF contracts and Study Programmes. We are also a provider of advice and support services to young people and adults in the Yorkshire and Humber area.
Location: Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Part Time, 22.5 hrs per week
Salary: £17,197 actual per annum (£28,280 FTE) plus competitive benefits
In the event that a sufficient volume of suitable applications is received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested
No Agencies Please
You may have experience of the following: Course Manager, English Teacher, Lecturer, English Lecturer, Teacher, Senior Lecturer, Course Design, Education, Mentor, Tutor, Teaching, Functional Skills, Maths, English, etc.
Ref: 102 270