As General Manager you will be fully accountable for the performance and management of predominantly automated warehouse operations for a retail / FMCG contract across a number of sites. This role offers the opportunity to define, plan, manage and sustain organisation and operational change and transformation projects that will truly make a difference.
A full ‘360’ role, you will manage all aspects of the Distribution Centre covering inbound and outbound processing, warehouse management, distribution management, internal quality control, returns processing and stock integrity, safety, budget, Unipart Way, and compliance.
Managing and delivering objectives through effective process management and leadership of your team, you will ensure that all customer SLA and KPIs are met and that a continuous improvement programme is rigorously managed through driving a culture of continuous improvement.General Manager Responsibilities:
About Unipart Group:
- Responsible for compliance with health and safety regulations and environmental and quality standards
- Ensure ‘The Unipart Way’ is implemented and embedded across the site and use the principles to ensure operational excellence
- Embed a culture of employee engagement across the site; where the site is considered to be exemplary
- Manage Operations Managers - and their direct reports
- Accountable for setting operational objectives in accordance with business plan and targets
- Ensure that resource skills and levels are consistent with medium- and long-term business plans
- Overall accountability for operational performance to Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators
- It will be your responsibility to ensure that the operating budget is set and managed within targets
- Monitoring performance through operational reviews and audits
- Overall accountability for compliance with legal and ethical people management practice
- Responsible for effective two-way communication processes with team, customer, and suppliers
- General Manager Requirements: Experience at operating at a senior level in a heavily automated logistics / warehouse environment
- Proven ability to manage an automated environments with a small team (20+?) to deliver the required standards and performance
- Solid experience in defining, planning, managing and sustaining both organisation and operational change and transformation projects
- Ability to work under pressure in a challenging and constantly changing environment
- Resilience in ability to work under pressure in a challenging and constantly changing environment, evidenced by previous experience in a fast changing, volume driven working and customer environment
- Commercial acumen to understand, challenge, and manage financial decision making
- Previous experience in a fast changing, volume driven environment Clear leadership skills, to inspire with energy and passion within and across Senior Leaders and their teams
- Proven effective relationships with client / customer
- Flexibility and ability to deal with change
- MCILT is desirable
You may remember Unipart as the company who in the 1970s revolutionised the automotive parts industry. Unipart is a different company today with clients such as Vodafone, Sky, Jaguar Land Rover and the NHS. The Unipart Group is an independent manufacturing, logistics and consultancy company who employs nearly 10,000 employees worldwide and has an annual turnover of more than £1 billion.
Location: Based in North West (Preston / Blackburn / Leyland / Chorley) with UK-wide travel
Job Type: Full Time, PermanentSalary: Up to £80k, plus car / car allowance
You may have experience of the following: Warehouse Manager, Operations Manager, Warehouse Team Leader, General Manager, Operations Management, Warehouse Supervisor, Logistics, Distribution, etc.
Ref: 103 558