Government Loan Scheme Remediation Expert - Commercial Banking
Location - Remote
Rate - £120 per day via PAYE
Start date - ASAP
Contract - Until the end of 2021 (The role has a potential for contract extension)
Our financial services client is currently seeking a number of experienced Government Loan Scheme Remediation Experts. This will be remote working until the end of the year.
Government Loan Scheme Remediation Expert - Commercial Banking (GCB6)
The Government Loan Scheme Remediation Expert reports to the Remediation Team Leader within the Government Loan Scheme Team in UKCMB and plays a significant role in engaging with CMB's customers to ensure the information we hold in relation to their BBL is complete, accurate and up to date. The Bank has issued a significant amount of loans since April 2020 as part of the current Government Schemes to assist companies throughout the COVID19 pandemic and a Bounce Back Loan (BBL) Remediation Team has been established to address operational matters that have arisen to ensure we resolve to protect both the customer and the company.
In this role you will be responsible for
- Reviewing the information held on bank systems (Browser Main Menu, Facility Offer Letters, Application forms) to ensure the documentation held relating to BBLs satisfies the requirements of the BBB.
- Investigating complex cases which may require reviewing data provided by Analytics and looking on external systems (e.g. BBB Portal, Companies House) and work on solutions to resolve or progress the case.
- Liaising with customer via written communications or to obtain information and supporting evidence or documentation where required. Working with Service Recovery teams to help resolve complaints raised by clients.
- Delivering a consistently high-quality and professional customer experience at all times.
- Ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation adhering to treating customers' fairly principles;
- Proactively seeking feedback from customers (both internal and external) to use as an opportunity to improve the customer experience and support a culture of client-centricity;
- Owning and driving completion of cases until it is passed through to quality control (QC).
- Working as an individual and contributing to the wider team with a collaborative approach.
- Exercising judgement and critical thinking to make good financial crime risk decisions; raising UARs where required and escalating to Fraud Colleagues and or Collection & Recoveries.
- Optimally managing the volume of BBL remediation work whilst maintaining quality and compliance at all times;
- Supporting the continued evolution of policy and governance frameworks across all Government Loan Schemes to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance;
- As required, assistance in timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators: completion of technical training that enhances system knowledge and proficiency, regular attendance at learning sessions and team meetings;
- Contribute towards the training requirements for the team to improve processes and efficiencies.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements
- Understanding of Bank's systems - including Browser Main Menu, Document Viewer, Excel, Word, Outlook and relevant external sources of information (i.e. Company Watch)
- Understanding of all Business types and structures
- Product knowledge of BBLS
- Adherence to all applicable operational risk Standards and policies, reporting any breaches in accordance with local procedures
- Keep up-to-date on knowledge of international and domestic strategy, capabilities and policies
- Proven ability to problem solving, use critical thinking and exercise judgement
- Develop and uses financial and management information to find the appropriate solution
- Diligence and tenacity - accuracy in data capture and review completion is critical, requiring elevated levels of diligence for extended periods of time, coupled with tenacity to get the requisite information from the customer
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to gather, analyse and interpret comprehensive information and/or customer requirements in order to provide solutions
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
- Anticipates and identifies risks and ensures appropriate steps are taken to mitigate and manage them
- Influencing skills and ability to builds positive working relationships with our customers, colleagues and stakeholder
- Planning and organisational skills in order to manage the unexpected as well as anticipated issues or events, so that success can still be achieved