Group Conduct Officer
We are recruiting for a Group Conduct Officer to join our Compliance team. This role can be based from any of our PIB offices across the UK and will involve working with a wide range of senior stakeholders across the partnered businesses and working with other areas of GRC such as Group Risk & Assurance and as such travel to a range of UK destinations will be required.
The role sits within GRC (2LOD) in the Compliance team and reports to the Group Head of Compliance who reports to the Group CRO. This role partners with our Specialty Division, which primarily consists of broking businesses that deal directly with commercial customers, however there are some areas of personal lines, some wholesale cases as well as other niche areas. This Division has had the largest number of acquisitions within PIB Group and continues to grow.
Given the growth of the business and a firm intent to increase both our UK and overseas footprint, there will be opportunities in GRC to broaden horizons, learn, gain a unique career experience and be a part of building and shaping something special at PIB.
This role also plays an important role in the identification, escalation and management of regulatory issues and breaches.
Effective regulatory business partnering, advice and oversight is key to strengthening 1LOD capability, making sure new acquisitions meet PIB’s requirements and delivering GRC’s oversight role and the company’s overarching governance. Working with the business, this role plays a key role in aiding the 1LOD’s understanding of regulation and its application to their operation, helping them develop client centric compliant solutions and delivering challenge to the business on matters which could potentially threaten positive client outcomes and/or expose PIB to a heightened level of risk. This is accomplished through regular and close contact with the business and 1LoD and by:
- providing guidance and advice on existing and future regulation and PIB’s regulatory policies and frameworks
- delivering briefings and training on key regulatory topics and issues
- guidance and advice on improvement actions, potential breaches and root cause analysis
- reviewing compliance and business performance MI to aid challenge
- ensuring a regulatory perspective is brought to key business forums, initiatives and projects
- providing a key input to the firm’s assessment of regulatory risks as part of its ERM framework
- supporting business SMFs and Certified individuals as part of SMCR
- guidance and advice following reviews of the business from internal or external sources
- support and guide the businesses with integration related activities.
- Have excellent communication (verbal and written) and be an effective ‘regulatory translator’ i.e. take complex regulation and make it accessible, understandable and relevant to the business so they have clarity on what is required, and what they need to do
- Be solution orientated
- Have attention to detail but have the ability to take a high-level view
- Deliver engaging, practically orientated compliance training
- Have excellent stakeholder management skills and be able to build and maintain strong relationships with the business, while also maintaining an appropriate level of professional distance
- Be able to act as a ‘critical friend’ to the business, delivering constructive challenge and identifying solutions to address issues that are identified
- Have a strong understanding of the UK’s regulatory regime as it applies to general insurance activities; and
- Travel to a range of UK destinations
Full Job Description available on request.
Our employee’s success isn’t measured on time spent in the office, so please talk to us about your flexible working needs. We have many sites across the UK, so whether this be working from home, logging on from another office then we would love to hear from you!
PIB Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Ref: 102 677