Group Risk and Assurance Officer
- Job Reference: 102465
- Date Posted: 1 September 2021
- Recruiter: Easy Web Recruitment
- Location: Leeds
- Salary: £45,000 to £55,000
- Sector: Health and Safety
- Job Type: Full Time Flex
- Work Hours: Full Time
Group Risk and Assurance Officer
PIB is a new, dynamic, entrepreneurial, client centric and rapidly growing insurance broker and employee benefits provider. Since April 2016, it has completed more than 20 acquisitions and has grown from 50 to 1200 people, sited in more than 40 offices across the UK & Ireland. The aim of PIB is to create the UK’s leading independent diversified specialist insurance intermediary, and a business that can provide a genuinely credible alternative to the larger and more established brokers.
As an acquisitive and ambitious business, the company needs a strong, diligent, capable and commercial Group Risk & Compliance function that supports the business deliver its strategy, future growth, aspirations and continues to meet its colleagues, Board, partners, regulators and investor’s expectations.
Please note this role can be based from any of our offices across the UK and include flexible working from home.
Group Risk & Compliance (‘GRC’)
The CRO with his leadership team is continuing to grow and build a leading, high performance GRC function that can support and oversee a changing and vibrant business in managing the risks that matter. At a macro level, the key challenge for the GRC function is ensuring that risk management, regulatory compliance and governance keeps pace with the growth of PIB, and that these crucial elements are robust, proportionate and commercially pragmatic.
At a micro level, one of the challenges we face with bringing individual businesses into PIB is ensuring that our newly acquired businesses align with our standards for risk management and compliance through our integration process. The GRC team is sited across the UK and PIB supports flexible working. PIB has a culture of openness, collaboration and agility, which is reflected in the way the GRC function leads and operates. The GRC team meets monthly virtually and face to face at least quarterly.
Given the growth of the business and a firm intent to increase both our UK and overseas footprint, there will be opportunities in GRC to broaden horizons, learn, gain a unique career experience and be a part of building and shaping something special at PIB.
Providing regulatory assurance on our growing footprint is critical to our oversight role and the company’s overarching governance. This role plays a key role in assessing the level of compliance and regulatory maturity of PIB’s businesses and potential regulatory and client outcome risks. This is accomplished by carrying out risk based monitoring and thematic reviews across the business, identifying and recommending a programme of proportionate risk mitigation across a broad range of business activities. The role requires the role holder to:
- Be able to act as a ‘critical friend’ to the business, delivering constructive challenge and identifying solutions to address issues that are identified;
- Have a strong understanding of the UK’s regulatory regime as it applies to general insurance activities;
- Have excellent communication (verbal and written), stakeholder management, influencing, teamwork and analytical skills;
- Have excellent planning and execution skills and be able to work objectively and independently, producing work within agreed timescales to a high standard; and,
- Travel to a range of UK destinations to undertake fieldwork.
This role involves working with a wide range of senior stakeholders across the PIB businesses and working with other areas of GRC such as the Group Conduct Officers/Compliance Business Partners.
Ideal person profile
The ideal person for this role combines strong technical subject matter expertise, communication, analysis and stakeholder management skills and:
- Has previous experience of undertaking a similar compliance monitoring/assurance role ideally in other brokers or insurers, or other areas of financial services. Likely to have 3-5 years compliance monitoring experience;
- Is a confident, persuasive and articulate communicator and capable of robust dialogue;
- Proven track record in delivering practical and actionable recommendations that are understood, taken on board and delivered by the business;
- Strong technical, practical and working knowledge of FCA GI regulation, ideally with London Market and MGA experience, knowledge of other relevant regulation/legislation such as GDPR and IDD are required, and a basic understanding of risk management principles would be beneficial;
- Likely to be educated to degree level and ACII or compliance qualification would be an advantage; and,
- Enjoys working in a dynamic and changing environment across a wide range of subject matter and business operations and working autonomously and as a member of the team.
PIB are flexible on the location for this role for the right candidate.
Ref: 102 465