Group Supplier Quality Auditor
Contract Duration: 12 months
Pay rate: £150-£157 a day PAYE
Mix of on-site, remote and travelling to suppliers across the UK
The Group Supplier Auditor will report to the Group Head of Supplier Excellence supporting the Group Sr. Supplier Quality Manager and the Procurement organisation for the Supplier Audit program.
This is a "hands on" role and the Supplier Auditor will need to schedule audits and complete audit activities as determined through the companies Risk Assessment and Supplier Selection Process.
You will conduct New Supplier Audits, Supplier Process Audits and follow up on any findings identified through to closure. You may also be asked to support any Ad-Hoc duties for the Supplier Excellence Team.
You will be responsible for ensuring suppliers conform to the companies Group Supplier Quality Requirement Documents and relevant NAA requirements in order to maintain a robust and compliant supply chain.
- Scheduling audits and liaising with suppliers
- Carry out preparation of audits before executing
- Carrying out thorough audits to ensure a robust and compliance supply chain
- Presenting any findings into reports for higher management to report back to stakeholders and at times you may be required to report to stakeholders for example providing an update or assurance of an action plan put in place to resolve an issue related to supplier quality.
- Ensuring that and findings and non conformance's are addressed and closed out effectively
- Reporting via Q-Pulse system
- Carrying out Ad-Hoc tasks when required
- At times may be required to visit suppliers on site outside of a scheduled audit to resolve an urgent manufacturing issue, by reviewing the process, providing a solution and communicate back to stakeholders that a creative action plan is in place to resolve this issue
- Ensure supplier compliance to quality management system and regulatory requirements by planning, leading, and executing supplier process audits
- Write and issue audit reports
- Write up NCR's into the Quality System and follow up to ensure suppliers are effectively resolving the NCR's
- Ensure audits are completed and closed in line with plan
- Support Supplier Development and Compliance activities as required
Experience and Necessary Requirements
- Auditing experience in the aerospace/aviation industry
- AS9100 External Lead Auditor Certification
- Excellent knowledge of AS9100 and IS0 9001 and experience of auditing suppliers to the standards of AS9100, ISO 9001
- Full and clean UK driers license and own vehicle
- Experience in Q-Pulse
- Experienced and familiar with aviation regulations
- Ability to gather data, to compile information, and prepare reports
- Good/Strong/Excellence verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Ability to influence stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and prioritise duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
- Conflict management skills
- Decision making skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide cross-functional leadership
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web applications
- Customer focused attitude to work with the suppliers not against them to ensure best results
- French as a second language will be highly desirable
Please Note Below
The role will require a lot of travel to carry out audits of suppliers around the UK, a company car is NOT provided but travel and accommodation expenses will be paid for and a work mobile, laptop and other equipment will be provided.
Please submit your CV in the first instance.