Head of CentreLocation:
Access Creative College Bristol, BS1 2LZHours:
£48,000 per annum Plus performance related bonus based on targeted key deliverables OTE £57,000Who are Access Creative College
Access Creative College (ACC) is one of the largest national private education and training providers for the creative industries. Our main focus is on Music (Performance and Production), Media, Games Design, Events and Computing. We were rated ‘Good’, by Ofsted in 2016 and as ‘Outstanding’ by the Independent Schools Inspectorate in December 2014.Role overview
We are now looking for a business-focused Centre Manager with a passion for Creatives. As Head od Centre you would have responsibility for the business development and growth at our Bristol centre and ensuring the sustained growth of our learner numbers and their successful educational achievements. You will be responsible for the management team and have overall accountability for our teaching staff as we seek to provide a course delivery that inspires our learners, drives their ambitions and focuses their creative passions.
This role is based at our Bristol city-centre campus, just around the corner from Broadmead. The campus is ideally located in a cutting edge creative hub that is already home to several businesses. This is a brand new campus with state of the art facilities.What we offer
The Successful candidate
- Competitive salaries
- Company Sick Pay
- Generous holiday allocation
- Enhanced maternity paternity and adoption pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Sabbatical leave (unpaid)
The successful candidate will be responsible for the business development and growth of provision, planning and management of the learner experience, as well as performance and development of the ACC Bristol Centre. This will include the leadership and management of the centre leadership team to ensure that learners have a high-quality learning experience. You will be responsible for driving targets including, but not limited to, learner numbers, attendance and achievement for ACC Bristol, alongside robust oversight of budgets and resources.Duties involve, but are not limited to:
To be successful you will have:
- The organisation and management of staff to ensure effective delivery of student learning across the Centre
- Ensuring effective and efficient delivery and development of the curriculum
- The delivery and performance management of learning programmes and staff.
- The Health and safety and compliance of the college premises.
- Managing the financial running of the college to ensure it is within budget as directed by the CFO.
- The management of resources based on learner numbers and HR policies applied consistently and fairly
- Development of an annual business plan for the Centre in conjunction with senior management, assuming responsibility for its implementation and achievement
- Creation and implementation of a continuous improvement plan to monitor, review and evaluate courses in accordance with our quality assurance procedures
- Driving the growth and success of the centre, including learner numbers, achievement and success
- Assistance with promotion, advertising and media relations of courses and identification of market and employer needs
- Educated to degree level or hold a relevant professional qualification (essential)
- Experience in management within an Education/training environment (essential)
- Successful track record in improving quality systems and the quality of provision (essential)
- Excellent leadership and organisational skills with the ability to manage budgets (essential)
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills (essential)
- Ability to motivate, inspire and develop staff (essential)
- Experience in working with external partners and stakeholders (essential)
- Ability to set and achieve high standards for yourself and others (essential)
- Proficient user of IT systems (essential)
- Ability to collate, interpret, analyse and utilise data in the management of business activities (essential)
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Hold a recognised Teaching Qualification at level 5 with high levels of teaching experience (desirable)
- Knowledge of current and future developments in FE and HE (desirable)
- Experience of Ofsted Inspections (desirable)
The closing date for applications is 16th December 2021.
To Apply have your CV ready for upload along with a covering letter containing a personal statement telling us why your skills, knowledge and experience make you the person we are looking for.
This post is subject to enhanced DBS clearance. Access Creative College exercises appropriate care in the appointment and selection of those who will work with young people and vulnerable adults.
Access Creative College is the trading name of Access to Music Limited
Access Creative College is committed to providing an inclusive and supportive environment for work.