An opportunity has arisen for a Health and Social Care Tutor, within our Aspire2Work Team reporting to the Performance Manager for the Leeds and Dewsbury Opportunity Centres.
The post will initially be providing maternity cover for the health and social care tutor. Once maternity leave has been completed the successful candidate will remain as a health and social care tutor, teaching across the Opportunity Centres.
Health and Social Care Tutor Responsibilities:
Responsible for providing delivery of a full range of vocational courses in health and social care and support services associated with our contracted Programmes including, teaching and learning, assessment and learner support from Entry to Level 3, leading to further training, vocational pathways and employment opportunities.
Plan, monitor, support and teach learners on our contracted programmes to ensure planned programmes are completed in a timely manner.
Health and Social Care Tutor Requirements:
• At least two years occupational competence in the agreed vocational areas that you will be teaching and assessing.
• Familiar with awarding body framework requirements.
• Able to design, deliver and assess training at different levels of learning
• Previous experience working with young people
• Previous experience supporting the delivery of literacy and numeracy qualifications to 16-19 year olds.
• Established varied labour market experience
• You must have a willingness to undergo training as required
The Opportunity Centre, part of the aspire-igen group, is committed to helping individuals, organisations and communities succeed through learning and work. We have a strong track record of successfully delivering government funded initiatives and contracts including ESF contracts and Study Programmes. We are also a provider of advice and support services to young people and adults in the Yorkshire and Humber area.
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time, 37 hrs per week
Salary: £26,260 per annum
In the event that a sufficient volume of suitable applications is received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested
No Agencies Please
You may have experience of the following: Health and Social Care Trainer, Nursing, Registered Nurse, Social Care, Trainer, Coach, Educator, Teacher, Training Consultant, Assessor, etc.
Ref: 102 383