The School’s Headmaster resides in a property on site, which is extensively used for School activities including functions, meetings, confidential conversations, and events. The headmaster and family also frequently host weekend guests.
As the Housekeeper, you will maintain the highest levels of cleanliness and tidiness, working efficiently, effectively, and discreetly. The ability to maintain confidentiality is essential.The ideal candidate will:
- Be courteous and help provide a welcoming environment to the headmaster’s family and guests, whilst always acting with integrity and discretion.
- Liaise with the Headmaster and his wife to discuss their daily cleaning requirements and to ensure that these are carried out to the highest standards.
- Be able to work with minimum supervision and organise workload and balance priorities to meet deadlines.
- Have previous cleaning experience
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- Able to work effectively and efficiently, and avoiding causing distraction within the House
- Be friendly and approachable, with good communication skills.
About Uppingham School
- Westfield Scheme with money back on medical treatments
- Free staff lunches in term-time
- £25 annual staff membership of the School’s Sports Centre
- Retail, gym, supermarket, cinema and restaurant discounts.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme which provides a range of support including counselling and legal advice.
- Occupational Health Services to support staff who have health/medical issues
- Free annual ‘flu jabs
- 50% contribution to premiums for School’s private health scheme
- School fee discount for children of staff (currently 75% discount for a day place), subject to change at any time
- Pension scheme Defined contribution scheme: employee contribution matched by School by factor of two, up to 10% maximum
Uppingham School, founded in 1584, is a leading co-educational independent boarding School. Its 834 pupils, aged 13-18, are accommodated in 15 boarding houses, taught by over 20 academic departments, and participate in numerous extra-curricular activities such as sports, music, and drama. The academic programme is supported by business units responsible for marketing, estates, finance, human resources, IT, catering, cleaning, health and safety, and conferencing. The school employs around 550 staff and operates seven days a week across the year.
Uppingham is a forward-thinking employer that values all staff and the contribution they make. We are forever reviewing our benefits in order to recognise and reward staff appropriately.Location:
Uppingham, LE15 9QContract Type:
Working hours 11 hours per week. Usual working hours will be Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, either mornings or afternoons. 4 hours Monday and Friday, and 3 on Wednesday. (some flexibility may be required)Salary:
£5,387 - £6,090 per annum. (£11.50 - 13 per hour) depending on experience. This is paid in equal instalments over 12 calendar months. Salaries are generally reviewed annually on 1st September
You may also have experience in the following: Housekeeping Assistant, Housekeeper, Housekeeping, Cleaner, Cleaning Assistant, Cleaning Operative, Hospitality Assistant, School Cleaner, etc.
Ref: 133 987