Contract: Full time, Fixed Term Contract
Location: Broughton, Chester Hybrid / Office split (Chester based with travel required to other sites)
Salary: £34,125 plus 30 days holiday, pension, bonus, life assurance, employee assistance programme, wellbeing support
About the Job
As an HR Advisor at Unipart you will provide comprehensive expert HR advice to Unipart colleagues and management covering all areas of the employee lifecycle including absence and performance management, employee relations and L&D.
You will be the first point of contact over the ‘phone and email for end to end HR Advice for all colleagues and managers across Unipart, referring to company policies and procedures and employment law as appropriate, specifically in areas of: Absence Management, Employee Relations, Performance Management, Maternity, Paternity and Flexible Working. You will also support high risk cases in person, so a willingness to travel is required.
As part of your key responsibilities you’ll:
• Assist with the development of local and group HR policies and procedures
• Escalate ER cases as required and support as appropriate
• Create basic HR training modules and deliver these and other training and development activities / interventions as required
• Support HR Consultants during projects associated with business change (restructures, TUPE etc.)
• Create and maintain a positive team culture and spirit, encouraging involvement from team member
We’d love you to have the following skills and experience, but please apply if you think you’d be able to perform well in this role!
• Up to date, working knowledge of current UK employment law, HR processes and procedures
• Experience of disciplinary and grievance procedures
• Experience of working within a shared service model
• An appreciation for confidentiality
• You’ll be a problem solver with a keen eye for detail
• Confidence with, and competence in, dealing with multiple stakeholders across a range of management levels
• You’ll work well as part of our fabulous team and be able to collaborate with a wide range of people
• Good IT skills – Google Suite is helpful as this is the system we use
• Excellent communication skills – written and spoken
Our recruitment and selection process has been developed to ensure that it is consistent, fair and provides equality of opportunity - all selection decisions are based solely on technical and behavioural competencies. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, colour, or nationality, ethnic or national origins, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, disability, religion or belief, age or any other current or future protected characteristic as defined in the current Equality Act of England and Wales. As an organisation we also promote an environment which encourages diversity of characteristics and thought, where you feel included, safe and confident to be the best version of yourself and do your best work every day.
You may have experience in the following: HR Advisor, Human Resources Specialist, Employee Relations Advisor, People Operations Consultant, Talent Management Advisor, HR Consultant, HR Business Partner, Personnel Advisor, Organizational Development Specialist, HR Support Specialist, People Services Advisor, Employee Engagement Coordinator, HR Operations Coordinator, Workforce Relations Specialist, etc.