The main purpose of the role is to support the Head of HR in establishing and embedding ‘best practice’ in terms of end-to-end HR processes and procedures for the entire employee lifecycle.
About Hassell Inclusion Ltd:
Hassell Inclusion Ltd is an innovative world leader in digital inclusion and accessibility services. Our organisation is passionate about making digital technologies (websites, mobile apps) accessible to everyone. Our Founder, Jonathan Hassell, is a pioneer in this field and is well-known within the sector.
Our purpose is to enable our clients (global corporations, retail giants, governments, public sector bodies and charities) to identify and eliminate barriers to the use of digital technologies by 40% of the population who are currently unable or less able to access its benefits due to disability or age.
We are growing rapidly and need to appoint an HR Officer to become a trusted member of our small, highly-skilled and successful business.
HR Advisor Responsibilities:
• Induction and onboarding
• Ownership of the HR documentation process for new and existing employees– Preparing and issuing HR letters, contracts and attachments and liaising with new employees to complete the entire process
• Full HR administration support to the Head of HR for generation of HR letters, contracts and other key documentation, probation management, advice on relevant HR processes, procedures, and policies, absence management etc
• Be knowledgeable of, and manage the compliance of, GDPR and data protection, basic employment legislation and management of sensitive and confidential data
• Maintain accurate and timely HR data online (e.g. contracts, emergency contacts, adding new joiners and documents onto BrightHR system, checking key dates etc. (probation, DBS checks, expiry of passports etc.)
• Support employees to ensure a positive experience providing appropriate HR advice and guidance, and information using BrightHR
• Facilitate DBS checks and employee training for Safeguarding, Right to Work checks etc.
• Ensure Finance (payroll) updated with key information ahead of payroll cut-off (by c 21st of each month).
• Educate new hires on key processes and policies (expenses templates, claims etc)
• Employee attraction, recruitment, selection and retention
HR Advisor Requirements:
• At least 5 years’ experience within a similar commercial HR role
• Educated to A Level or equivalent (preferable)
• Impeccable written and spoken English
• Digital competency in MS Office, HR systems and databases (e.g. People Soft; Sage etc.)
• Evidence of collaborating with local/virtual teams utilising communication tools (online technology)
• Able to create letters/contracts with speed and accuracy
• Able to clearly articulate requirements (e.g. to candidates, venues etc.), timelines
• Demonstrates personal accountability: self-motivated. Can work without supervision and cope
• Excellent team working/collaboration skills (in person and virtually) to achieve shared goals.
• Ability to act with integrity and model company values with regards to culture, respect, diversity and inclusion and accessibility (‘culture of honour’). Builds positive and professional relationships as a ‘trusted advisor’.
Location: Home Based
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £27,000 to £32,000 per annum
You may have experience of the following: HR Coordinator, HR Advisor, HR Assistant, HR Manager, HR Business Partner, Human Resources Coordinator, Human Resources Advisor, Human Resources Assistant, HR Officer, HR Adviser, Human Resources Manager, CIPD, etc.
Ref: 102 426