Job title - FX Quantitative Analyst
Location - London
Rate - Up to £550pd PAYE or Umbrella £705pd (Can be increased dependent on the individuals experience)
Start date - ASAP
Contract - Initial 6 months, potential to go permanent in future.
HSBC is currently seeking a FX Quantitative Analyst to join their team in the London office (Hybrid working, 2 days in the office), this contract will initially be for 6 months.
This is a Quantitative Analyst role is to design, implement and maintain FVA and PVA models for FX products, providing quantitative support to Product Control FX Valuations team, liaising with front office FX Quant team.
- Develop Quant Library functions for Independent Price Verification (IPV), Fair Value Adjustments (FVA) and Prudent Valuation Adjustments (PVA) mainly in Python and SQL. C++ may be required too.
- Migration of Excel applications to automated platforms.
- Contribute to internal projects to streamline production within FX asset class
- Build relationships with multiple internal teams: Product Control, Development Team, and Front Office Quant.
- Ensure deliverables are aligned to expectations and timelines, ability to work under pressure
- In depth analysis/investigation and developing suitable solutions
- Ensure our models and methodologies are compliant with regulatory requirements
- Ability to adapt to sudden changes in requirements and managing stakeholder expectations
- Communication with various key stakeholders globally
- Ensuring accuracy and high quality of deliverables
- Assist in addressing regulatory driven initiatives and change.
- Close working contact with senior managers (from the Business, Product Control and Market Risk).
- Maintenance of excellent relationships with internal clients and external auditors / regulators.
- Complexity of markets and products make this a challenging and interesting role.
Education & Experience:
- Master's degree in Quantitative Finance, a numerical subject (Maths, Physics) or software engineering (preferred)
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong knowledge & practical experience with Python are required
- C++, C#, SQL and VBA are advantages
- Minimum 5 years of working experience is preferred
- Experience of working within a quant space is ideal (pricing models, curve construction, etc.)
- Knowledge of FX Option pricing
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and consideration of timelines
If you are relevant or interested, please contact me at