Income Management Officer
You will join us as an Income Management Officer. Your role is to ensure we do what’s right by our customers, supporting them as their situations change, whilst ensuring you minimise the arrears owed to us. It’s a balancing act of support and enforcement covering everything about income from rent, service charges, court costs, recharges and former debt. You’ll be making a real difference.
Income Management Officer Responsibilities:
• Reviewing our customers’ accounts to see what action is required and responding to queries
• Contacting customers in lots of ways to understand their financial position - discussing their rent accounts and arranging payments
• Liaising with partners, stakeholders and wider internal teams to put in place solutions and support for our customers
• Supporting customers when their situation or benefit status changes, to ensure their home is secure and they understand what needs to be done
• Representing us in court on a possession hearing, or at external meetings around income and arrears
• Completing electronic records (we’re going paperless) to ensure we are compliant from an audit perspective including preparing court cases, processing rent refunds and recording conversations on our CRM.
Income Management Officer Requirements:
• The ability to persuade customers, stakeholders, and even internal teams. You’ll be constantly balancing support and targets, so its essential you have the skills to persuade people
• You’ll be able to adapt. The team constantly changes its approach for rent collection dependant on our priorities, the external environment and the customers situation – so you need to be comfortable that no two days will be the same
• Experience of income recovery or credit control processes, procedures and regulations is a must
• Experience of managing direct relationships with customers under challenging circumstances
• Experience of liaising with others, whether that’s internally or with wider stakeholders such as DWP, to resolve payment queries, maximise income and minimise arrears
• Strong numeracy skills and an ability to analyse and interpret data
• Good all-round IT skills
• Resilience. Working in social housing is a challenging but rewarding career, you’ll be helping to bring real change to our customer’s lives.
• This role requires an enhanced DBS check as this role includes working with vulnerable customers
• We like to get face to face with customers and suppliers, so a full driving licence is essential (or full access to a vehicle and driver under a scheme such as Access to Work)
• Experienced in the use of Orchard Housing Management system
• Knowledge of legislation relating to rent and service charge setting
• Experience of preparing and presenting debt recovery cases for court
• A good working knowledge of Universal Credit and other benefits
• Experience of working with people with complex needs to provide guidance and support – and an IAG qualification at any level even better!
Who are Acis?
We own over 5600 social housing and 1000 student properties across the East Midlands and Yorkshire and take our roles in our customer’s lives really seriously, putting the customer first in everything we do. We have a wide variety of customers and have ambitious targets to deliver the best service we can in an ever changing landscape.
Acis are committed to equality and diversity, are a proud member of disability confident and welcome applications from any applicant who feel they hold the essential skills to fulfil the role. We recognise that people need flexibility in their role and we’re happy to discuss flexible working options with the successful candidate.
Location: Gainsborough, Lincolnshire
Contract Type: Fixed Term, until 31/03/2022
Hours: Part Time, flexibility around hours with a minimum of 25 hours per week.
Salary: £25,771.30 per annum (pro-rata), plus benefits
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 days (1 per full year of service) after five years, plus public holidays, Company pension matched up to 8%, flexible working options.
You may have experience of the following: Income Management Officer, Revenues Officer, Enforcement Officer, Financial Support, Assessment Officer, Claims Handler, Welfare Advisor, Finance Assistant, Customer Service Advisor, Customer Service Representative, Customer Services, Administrator, Admin Assistant, Office Administrator, Office Assistant, Debt Recovery, etc.
Ref: 103 531