Job Description for Infrastructure Support Engineer:
There's never been a more exciting time to be part of the nuclear sector. New opportunities are being created all the time. At NNL, you'll be in the ideal place to capitalise on this momentum, face new challenges and develop a long, successful and meaningful career.
We're an organisation that's here to experiment and push the limits of what's possible. So, if you're keen to excel in your chosen field, this is the place to do it. Because at NNL, anything is possible.
The role of the Infrastructure Support Engineer is to support the day to day running of NNL infrastructure including Server Patching, Monitoring and providing 3rd line support to field engineers via service management process.
They will also maintain the security of the technical components and remediate any problems where needed both in and out of standard business hours.
Main Responsibilities for Infrastructure Support Engineer:
- Perform daily infrastructure checks and monitoring.
- Provide timely and effective resolutions to support the stabilization of the environment via service management tools.
- Ensure corporate data is secure and available.
- Project support work.
- Work within a regulated environment maintaining security standard.
- Work with 3rd party suppliers to resolve issues (SOC / NOC).
- Take a proactive approach to continually improving the performance and security of the infrastructure.
- Required to work out of hours (flex) and being on call (recompensed) on an agreed rota. Required to work out of hours (flex).
Essential Criteria for Infrastructure Support Engineer:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid understanding of windows server 2012-2016 administration / support and maintenance.
- Good working knowledge of SCCM and patch management.
- Demonstratable experience with Active directory & group policy.
- Previous experience with virtualization platforms (VMware / Hyper V).
- Understanding of network fundamentals (troubleshooting Switch / routing etc).
- Experience and understanding of backup routines and technologies.
- Exposure to cloud technology in an enterprise setting (Office 365 / Azure).
- Self-motivated, proactive and customer focused attitude with excellent organizational skills.