This role will involve working at a central client location in Widnes providing IT Desktop End User Support, telecoms experience and support, Windows Server and End User support, handling issues related to distributing services, security and performance of Microsoft Work stations.
Training - There will be a requirement for the candidate to travel to Boston(Lincs) , Basildon (Essex) and other sites to complete shadow training with other team members over a 6 month period from start and once operational will also be responsible for support at Grangemouth (Expenses wil be paid) when needed ) and Bkup support to other IT team members across other UK Sites
The successful candidate will:
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure, Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
with 3 to 5 years of experience in end user computing application and technologies
Hold a clean and valid driving licence
- Extensive experience with desktop hardware, software applications, operating systems (OS -Windows 7/10) and network connectivity.
- Expert technology problem solver. Identifying issues, repairing problems, helping users, updating systems, installing new hardware and software, troubleshooting computers and basic networks, documenting systems, and supporting the IT department.
- Good communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills, along with patience, a customer-friendly attitude and the ability to work in a team environment. In addition, need a strong technical understanding of the hardware, software and networking systems being supported.
- Manage any end-user service requests (e.g. desktop, mobile) which require local interaction
- Support all end users devices & their accessories (not limited to Desktop / Laptops, Telephones, Smartphones, Tablets, Video-conferencing systems, printers, printer consumables)
- Collect hardware as part of user's leavers process
- Maintain asset register including hardware and software
- Alert Customer in case of licensing issue (Software)
- Manage non-standard intervention / software installation
- PC and other devices logistics Management
- Hands and feet support on all devices
- Maintenance Activity / logistics support in coordination with Third Parties.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support team
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- Be responsible for new starter setup and repossession of leavers equipment,
- New User On boarding - present IT and provide new user IT inductions,
- Manage relationships with vendors and ensure high-availability of business-critical IT systems,
- A strong customer service focus (High Level of customer interaction and engagement)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal),
- Comfortable working both autonomously or as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Negotiation skills
- Be able to provide VIP support and appreciate the difference between standard user and heightened IT Support.