Royal London is the largest mutual life insurance, pensions and investment company in the UK. Since its foundation 160 years ago, Royal London has supported millions of people to protect and provide for themselves and their families.
Our culture is welcoming, friendly, flexible and we aim to make you always feel included. We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break or those who are transitioning from different sectors.
To support this we are always open to discussing flexible working arrangements and as we transition to hybrid working we will discuss working patterns or locations that ensure you have the freedom to be your best. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
We believe that being together some of the time will help our colleagues to feel truly connected to our Spirit of Royal London culture. Many of us value the passing conversations, social interactions and building relationships that comes from being together in the office.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to bring onboard an IT Infrastructure Administrator to join Royal London Group on a permanent basis in Edinburgh or Nether Alderley.
The Infrastructure Administrator will be working as part of the Virtualisation team providing technical expertise and guidance specifically across VMware technologies including VMware vCentre, VMware vRealize Operations Manager, VMware vSphere / ESXi, VMware vSAN). You will also be involved in Storage (Pure Storage arrays, Hitachi Storage arrays, Brocade Switches) and Data Centre (Physical Server hardware and Physical Storage hardware).
- Responding to incidents, requests, and alerts in a timely manner.
- Ensuring estate is maintained against Royal London standards
- Closing Incidents and Service Requests closed within SLA.
- Utilising root cause analysis to Problem records
- Hardware & Software faults – logging calls with supplier.
- Experience of administering enterprise VMware estate using associated tools such as vCentre and vRealize Operations Manager.
- Experience of Virtual Desktop infrastructure i.e.VMware Horizon or Citrix
- Experience of supporting server hardware infrastructure and storage devices.
- Good experience of Microsoft Windows server 2016 upwards.
- Experience of backup and recovery tools and procedures.
- Basic understanding of networking principles
- Previous experience working in an IT Support role, providing 2nd and 3rd line support.
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of IT systems.
- Willing to work out of hours and be on-call.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good team working skills
- Able to deal effectively with the customer to deliver a professional service.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of Linux based Operating Systems
- Experience of automating server administration via scripting, Powershell would be an advantage.
- Industry knowledge and awareness of the direction of new technologies
What we offer
- We've always been proud to reward employees by offering a number of benefits such as Pensions and Protection, Performance and role-related benefits, Lifestyle and Wellbeing
- Our culture comes from within, or to put it another way, it comes from our people. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
- Our People Promise is something we live up to every day. We know we can rely on you, and you can expect plenty from us in return.
- Glassdoor have again ranked as among the best places to work in the UK
We are an equal opportunities employer. We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning team. We believe that embracing difference makes us stronger. Our diverse people bring us different skills – whatever their educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
In fact, the first pillar of our People Promise is designed to make sure you 'work somewhere inclusive'. We want to live up to this promise; it’s good for our people and good for our customers too, because our workforce should reflect our communities.