We have an exciting opportunity for a person to be a subject matter expert for IT issues that have been escalated from our 1st and 2nd line support teams.
With sites across the UK, our IT infrastructure team supports all users across the business, providing customer service to our practices, who employ more than 7000 colleagues, caring for millions of our nation’s animals. Support teams react quickly and positively to incoming incidents, determining whether issues can be resolved internally, or need escalation – which you will then own, as the recipient of more technical queries, and manager 3rd party vendors. You will drive fault resolution and change for hardware, software and cloud-based issues.
Documenting fixes - you will enjoy building a Knowledge Base to share between colleagues.
Using RMM platforms, you will provide analysis into reporting and proactive preventative care to our infrastructure, and reactive response to alerts.
Projects are underway to migrate from on-premises datacenters to public cloud infrastructure, expertise in that area will be required, as you work alongside the Enterprise Architect.
The new position will be based primarily in York - where our team works from a friendly central support office, with some flexibility for a day based at home, though may require occasional travel to other UK sites for, major issue resolution.
IT Infrastructure Engineer Requirements:
• From a highly technical background, with experience of ensuring ‘the lights are on 24x7’ with only limited and controlled downtime
• Public cloud - specifically Azure and Office 365 expertise
• VMware and Hyper-V knowledge from basic build to advanced multi-host clustering
• Knowledge of physical server hardware components and configuration, and fault diagnosis
• Working experience of managing WAN, SDWAN, MPLS, FTTp/c, FortiGate Firewall/Manager/Analyzer, Draytek router, Ubiquiti stack, Wireless Networks
• Detailed understanding of TCP-IP, IP routing protocols (BGP and OSPF)
• Detailed and working knowledge of Microsoft Server operating systems, Active Directory and components, including INTUNE, group policy and WSUS
• Strong demonstrable experience of managing/leading IT service teams providing a 24x7 service.
• In-depth incident management knowledge, understanding of ITSM toolsets (Freshservice being desirable)
• ITIL V3 or V4 Foundation, or a clear commitment to complete within 6 months.
• Ability to capture, analyze data and produce meaningful reports.
• Confident in communicating with senior and colleagues alike, whilst being diplomatic and professionally focused.
• Able to work well under pressure with an ability to multi-task, by using good time management techniques.
• Maintaining an accurate diary, utilising communication equipment, and remaining as accessible as possible throughout the working day.
• Be punctual and tenacious, whilst demonstrating perseverance.
• Have strong customer service skills, empathising with customers and approaching telephone conversations with a polite manner.
• You must have experience with a geographically diverse enterprise, and in helping with urgent requests from colleagues, who may be working in under pressure in delivering care.
• Openness to occasional travelling to remote locations
Working in collaboration with our practices, we aim to care for people, their pets and our profession. Established in November 2015, our group includes small animal, equine and farm animal practices. We have more than 5700 employees working in over 400 sites across the UK, supported by our Central Support office in York, and collaborating nationally to provide excellent service.
What we can offer in return:
• A competitive salary
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays, and the opportunity to buy or sell holiday additionally
• CPD allowance
• Health Shield Plan
If you think you’d be a good fit for the role, we’d love to hear from you.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
You may have experience of the following: Infrastructure Engineer, System Administrator, Infrastructure Service Engineer, 2nd Line Support, Network Support, ICT, Technical Support, Helpdesk, Infrastructure Support Analyst, 3rd Line Support, Network Engineer, IT, Technical Support Analyst, Second Line Support, Third Line Support, IT Support Engineer, Cloud Services, etc.
Ref: 132 779