IT Project Manager
Manchester - Working from Home
About the role
Our client is currently undertaking a project to transfer staff from another membership body into the business. Part of the transfer of staff relates to the transfer of data, hardware and software from the membership body into the business. Some IT contracts may also transfer over. Staff may be bringing some of their current IT which may need to be modified and there will also be a need for new hardware and potentially additional software. The staff will also need to adopt the standards our client have set in regard to IT so they will need to be made aware of these standards as well as systems and processes used.
Key deliverable and duties for the project
The IT Project Manager will act as the central point of contact for the Infrastructure and Operations team for the delivery of all aspects of the transfer project.
The key duties and deliverables* for the role will be:
- Liaise with all relevant stakeholders internally and the membership body to understand the current IT set up and the changes required to move the staff over to their IT systems
- Liaison with third parties as appropriate
- Develop a baseline document that outlines the IT hardware and software that the transferring staff currently have, and what will be required following transfer.
- Review the baseline document to understand the transition to and alignment with IT Standards. This should include the cost of the transition, with any risks and issues highlighted.
- Once the baseline document has been approved, the IT PM will implement the required changes to the IT of the transferring staff.
- The IT PM will need to work with IT staff in regard to the procurements and testing of solutions to ensure they are compatible with current systems as well as IT staff within the membership body.
- The IT PM will use a recognised project management approach and be responsible for developing relevant project plans, risk and issues logs and reporting on progress using regular highlight reports
- The postholder will work with colleagues in the IT team to raise awareness and knowledge within the new members of staff regarding IT systems, processes and services.
- The IT PM will work closely with the AD for Infrastructure and IT Operations who is a member of the Transfer Project Board.
Skills and Experience
Essential skills and experience required
- Significant experience (minimum 5 years' experience) of managing complex projects with multiple organisations in the field of IT.
- Trained and experienced Project Manager who has experience of using a recognised PM approach.
- A good understanding of the specific issues related to project managing IT projects.
- Good understanding of technical IT processes, security and systems.
- A good understanding of risk management and mitigation as well as managing project issues.
- A good communicator who can proactively follow up with people effectively, escalate issues appropriately and hold people to account whilst maintaining good working relationships.
- Qualifications required include: PRINCE 2 or equivalent such as SCRUM, Agile, Six Sigma (preferably black belt).
Additional desirable skills and experience
- Knowledge and experience of procuring IT assets
- Desirable qualifications include IT networks, ITIL.
- Ability to undertake training and awareness sessions for staff related to IT