Junior Claims Handler
Do you have commercial insurance claims handling experience?
We have an exciting opportunity for a junior Claims Handler to join our Claims Specialty Team based in Preston. This role is very customer focussed, requiring you to provide an excellent claims service to our clients. You will ensure a professional and efficient management of all claims from cradle to grave, dealing with these classes of business and presenting claims MI. You will provide administrative support to Senior Claims Handlers which will include setting up and allocating new claims to the team.
PIB is supportive of those who wish to progress within the insurance sector and will offer professional training courses and qualifications to develop individuals. This role would suit a person who is keen to progress within insurance. You will be a natural multi-tasker and have some experience within motor, property and liability insurance claims handling. You will put the customer at the heart of everything you do, utilising know your customer (KYC) and treating customers fairly (TCF) methodologies, handling claims in line with compliance, FCA regulations and business policies & procedures.
As the business goes through a period of growth, there will be plenty of opportunities to get involved in other exciting projects.Location:
Based in Preston, off the M6 our offices are commutable by car, and buses.Responsibilities:
- You will be managing claims from across different products, such as motor, property & liability, ensuring service standards are met and/or exceeded,
- You will provide administrative support to the Senior Claims Handlers,
- You will keep an efficient diary system for all claims, ensuring claims are chased as required,
- You will develop and maintain a full understanding of Acturis,
- You will provide the broking department and clients with claims information and reports as required,
- You will ensure claims are handled as per the group procedures,
- You will acknowledge all new claims to both clients and insurers and keep clients informed, and ensure best outcome on each claim,
- You will produce claims MI/claims reports when required,
- You will undertake any other duties as requested by management on an ad-hoc basis,
- You will ensure personal CPD is managed and kept up to date by keeping skills and knowledge current,
- You will have some motor, property, and liability insurance claims handling experience, coupled with some commercial awareness and an understanding of insurance claims procedures,
- You will be passionate about the delivery of exceptional customer service experience, applying TCF and KYC methodologies,
- Acturis system knowledge (desirable not essential), being able to use MS Excel, MS word and Outlook,
- You will be CII, or willing to work towards,
- You will be highly organised and have great time management,
- You will have a positive ‘can do attitude’ and will be a natural problem solver, multi-tasker, along with a high level of attention to detail,
- You will have excellent communication skills both verbally and written,
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees, we offer excellent rates of pay, fantastic benefits and excellent career opportunities.
PIB Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Ref: 102 637